Forum Regular

Smile pre-amp too match my Rotel 1095 amp

Hi,everybody. For all my twenty somthing years of stereo hi-fi I was to believe a receiver was sufficient piece of equpment for my personal application, I always subscribe to Stereo review Home Theather etc... I alway new pre-amp was better but you knew back in the days that pre-amp did'nt include HDMI inputs components in and all the other bells and whistle that I miss. Well here I am who just bought a Rotel power amp and need someone too tell me which pre-amp thats out there would be my perfect match. My tops in spending a pre-amp would be $3000.00. I'm currently running a Denon receiver which is hook up too three Onkyo Intregra m-506rs power amp. Pair of Psb C-9 for fronts and a C-60 for the center. Polk Audio rc-85i ceiling speakers for my rear.(3) and my Sharp 52 1080 p lcd tv. Oppo dv-981 dvd player. and MIT cables for all the interconnects. A high grade speaker which to this day don't know its name. Remember the speaker wire is just bought new which hav'nt arrive yet so thats the reason for the unknown name.,owner told me the name but forgot it. Almost forgot my subwoofer which is a HSU research mk-3. Hope too here you folks that know their stuff outthere Aloha ............

I'm a big fan of system synergy, I'd recommend auditionning a full Rotel system if you have an opportunity, to match your Rotel poweramp. The brand new Rotel RSP-1069 pre-pro will retail for $2,199 (available 3rd quarter of this year). Combine this with a Rotel RCD-1072 for $699 or Rega Apollo for $995 and you'll have a hell of a system.

As you'll probably want to future proof the investment, you'll find that there aren't many other pre-pro's on the market today with HDMI 1.3a switching. Marantz AV8003 and Integra DTC-9.8 are a couple more that come to mind. And of course, you'll want to audition these systems before purchase.

cheers,
    elapsed
    Fidelity Acoustics RFM-2 speakers
    Naim CD5x cd player
    Naim NAC 122x pre-amp
    Naim NAP 150x poweramp
    Naim FlatCap-2x power supply
    Naim Stageline N phono stage
    Naim NACA5 speaker cabling
    Naim Hi-Line interconnect
    Chord Crimson interconnects
    Rega Planar 3 turntable