Forum Regular

Rotel preamp and subwoofer

I have Rotel RSP-1068, Rotel RMB-1075 and Velodyne SPL 1200. When I heard DVD-A (DTS), my sub is works well (Velodyne with LFE input connect to Sub 1 RSP-1068); however when I heard CD with analog input (stereo), my sub is not working. No signal send to my sub althought the front display of RSP-1068 is indicate Front Channel, Left Channel and Subwoofer on; my sub still connect with Sub 1 from RSP-1068 and LFE input my Velodyne SPL 1200. Anybody can help me?

Check your bass management settings on your DVD player. Sub could be turned off.

Check the settings on your Rotel AV pre / processor. There are usually options for the sub to handle low frequency information from the left and right main channels as well as low frequencies from other channels when smaller speakers are used . You may get to choose a crossover frequency. It's probably just set for the sub to handle the low frequency channel on Dolby Digital now and nothing else.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by royphil345
    Check the settings on your Rotel AV pre / processor. There are usually options for the sub to handle low frequency information from the left and right main channels as well as low frequencies from other channels when smaller speakers are used . You may get to choose a crossover frequency. It's probably just set for the sub to handle the low frequency channel on Dolby Digital now and nothing else.
    Did this answer the question? I am having the same issue. If connecting directly from Sub1 to the LFE on the sub it works during movies, etc. when there is an LFE signal. If I listen to the TV or digital music through the cable box music system there is no bass at all. When connecting and flipping my sub to Normal instead of LFE input and using a Y connector it works fine. I can't find a setting to get this to work..Anyone?

Thread Information