AR Newbie Registered Member

Receiver Recommendation for Klipsch Speakers

I have a set of klipsch synergy speaker I got from best buy while working there during college. I have two F3s, two S3s, one C3, and a 12 inch sub. I was initial going to go with the pioneer 1016, but the sales person at bestbuy suggested the harmon kardon avr-247 instead. I've read some bad things on the pioneer today so I'm glad we didn't get it. I also saw a denon that might work as well.

Anyway here are my requirements and wants for this receiver. If anyone could recommend that would be great:

HDMI is a must
    Multiple zones would be nice (I would like to hook 2 extra speakers up on the deck)
    Would like to stay around 500-600 range if I can.
    I have reward zone coupons I need to use so if I can get it at best buy great, if not that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenp1983
    I have a set of klipsch synergy speaker I got from best buy while working there during college. I have two F3s, two S3s, one C3, and a 12 inch sub. I was initial going to go with the pioneer 1016, but the sales person at bestbuy suggested the harmon kardon avr-247 instead. I've read some bad things on the pioneer today so I'm glad we didn't get it. I also saw a denon that might work as well.

Anyway here are my requirements and wants for this receiver. If anyone could recommend that would be great:

HDMI is a must
    Multiple zones would be nice (I would like to hook 2 extra speakers up on the deck)
    Would like to stay around 500-600 range if I can.
    I have reward zone coupons I need to use so if I can get it at best buy great, if not that's ok.
    You can take a look at the Yamaha 661 @ Best Buy. Circuit city may have the new Onkyo's available in your area.

Suspended
    I haven't compared features and brands of receivers in a while. I remember Denon is big into the dual zones and has HDMI. I find Klipsch can sometimes be a bit harsh, so I was going to recommend looking at Yamaha and if you can get it at BB, that's a bonus. To my ears Yamaha can be a bit warmer than some of the other brands, on the other hand they don't have the bass slam of an Onkyo or HK.

Looks like I was wrong bestbuy does carry more than the htr yamaha now.

Does anyone know the difference in the htr line and the RX-V / RX-Z / RX-N Series line?

Also would that harmon kardon be enough power for these speakers?

Any other recommendations, what about the harmon kardon.

Suspended
    Klipsch are so sensitive you don't have to worry about power. I haven't had much experience with HK's HT stuff but back in the day their stereo receivers were great.

Thread Information