Forum Regular

Receiver options?

Hello. I tried for an hour on the "search" and came up with nothing.

Here's my basic question and I'll try to keep it short.

Room setup:
    15 x 15 I think. hard wood floors and 12 foot ceilings. Front and surrounds are corner mounted at ceiling pointed towards room center. Currenly I have an Onkyo 6.1 ( I think it's the 603?) Not quite sure and I can't look since I'm at work now, 2 years old. All surrounds are JBL Northridge like the E20 but they came with the house I bought two years ago so they are older models but similarly sized. Center is a moderate Polk (it ws $199 3 years ago as a point of reference) sub is the JBL E250P

I want a reciever that has the following...

5.1 surround (I don't have a rear center or room to put it nor do I have more speakers to use for the 6.1 or 7.1)
    I would like to be able to have all channel stereo sound
    2 zones (indoor and outdoor) on different sources at the same time or on the same source at the same time.
    budget... since the wife has not been approached yet... i'd say max $500.

am I asking too much? what options are out there? should I stick with what I have or upgrade the surrounds/center? or nothing and save myself the hassle of trying to convince the wife?

Opinions appreciated!

Do you not like your Onkyo? I think it already does all that you are asking for.

Has it been set up correctly?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Do you not like your Onkyo? I think it already does all that you are asking for.

Has it been set up correctly?
    Thank you for your reply...

I went through the set up functions, so ... yes?

I actualy love the Onkyo. But, it doesn't have the dual source function. It does have A+B speaker switching but when B is active, A is only in Stereo mode and must be the same source.

Thread Information