Thread: Which Receiver?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Which Receiver?

I am currently looking at getting a new receiver. Looking at the Yamaha 1400, Denon 1083 and Harmon Karden 630. I can't find a dealer that carries all three to get a good side by side comparison.

Any feedback or other suggestions on these or any others in the same price range would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would leave out the Denon and pick between the Yamaha and Harman Kardon. I was not to impressed with the Denon's I auditioned. Either one of the other two will be fine and IMO a tough choice. I personally like the Harman Kardon sound, but that's just me. Many others on the site would recommend the Yamaha. Either way you can't go wrong.

cam

Actually

Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    I would leave out the Denon and pick between the Yamaha and Harman Kardon. I was not to impressed with the Denon's I auditioned. Either one of the other two will be fine and IMO a tough choice. I personally like the Harman Kardon sound, but that's just me. Many others on the site would recommend the Yamaha. Either way you can't go wrong.
    you can't go wrong with anyone of those 3 brands as long as YOU are completely happy with your purchase. Don't dismiss denon just because someone has not had the desired result in sound. Deep down I don't like the ear fatiging sound from most yammys but I would not recommend you not give them a try because your hears are different then mine.

Thread Information