AR Newbie Registered Member

proton d940 switch cleaning

hey all,

1st post here.

i have a 10+ year old proton d940 receiver that has been a real work horse but now the selector switches are starting to become staticey and cut in and out. i took off the knobs but don't see how i can possibly shoot any tuner cleaner spray into the housing. it seems to be sealed. any help would be appreciated! do i need to remove something to get to the meat of the switch?

thanks,
    van

The Collector
    you have to open the unit and spray in through the back of the switch

AR Newbie Registered Member

proton d940 cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    you have to open the unit and spray in through the back of the switch
    thanks pelly.

i actually called proton and spoke to a tech yesderday. yes, they were there the day after new years! he clued me into the fact that the actual switches are toward the back of the unit.

the only way i could get to them was to remove the circuit board panel on top that covers them. i was able to lift it up enough and duct tape enough straws together to spray some tuner cleaner into the top hole of the switch. seems to have helped. hurray!

for future reference is there an easier access point?

thanks,
    van

The Collector
    I havent actually gotten into cleaning my d-940 yet. I only use it as a power amp and bypass the pre section completely. I love the thing. If I figure anything about how to clean the switches easier I will keep you updated. I am trying to find a service manual for it because I need to fix my tuner on it

Thread Information