PARADIGM/ROTEL/ODYSSEY

Parasound Halo P3 Connected to a Sub with Line Level input only

This is what I want to do,Connect my Sony DA555ES to a Halo p3 by useing the L/R pre outs of the sony to the AUX input of the p3,,then connect the p3 to my Odyssey Stratos,,I would leave them both turned on for movies,,then shut the Sony down when listening to music,,only problem is my sub Paridigm Servo 15 is line level only and the p3 has no Sub out,,,How can I get my Sub to activate when listening threw the p3 only???

Quote Originally Posted by firebird
    How can I get my Sub to activate when listening threw the p3 only???
    I'm assuming that you currently have a surround system and that you're powering your front/main speakers with the Stratos and the center/surrounds with the Sony. I think one of your few options is to flip the receiver and P3 connections. What devices do you currently have connected to both? DVD, CD, cable box, satellite, turntable?

First of all, it helps to explain to people in more detail what the equipment is, rather than just give model numbers. For instance:
    Sony DA555ES - digital receiver with DTS/DD capability
    Parasound P3 Halo - stereo preamp
    Odyssey Stratos - 2-channel power amp
    Here's the back panel of the P3 Halo:

The Sony has the bass management capabilities...the P3 does not. Just take the Tape Rec outputs of the P3 into an available analog input of the Sony. You'll ALWAYS have to have the Sony on when listening and you probably wanted to take advantage of the higher-end quality of the Parasound preamp section, but aside from buying something like an Outlaw ICBM, I think that's your simplest solution.
    Last edited by jeskibuff; 02-26-2004 at 04:04 AM.
    Click here to see my system.

PARADIGM/ROTEL/ODYSSEY
    Thank YOU

Thread Information