AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Newbie needs advanced amp output help !

Hi.
    I know very little about amps, pre-amps and the like. If I can perhaps explain what I'd like to do someone could perhaps tell me if I'm in the wrong place or point me in the right direction.

What I would like to do is from one amp feed (cabled or wireless?) speakers in 5 different rooms with the ability to choose which speaker sets (channels?) are receiving the feed. I would settle for only being able to choose one room at a time but ideally be able to "pick and mix" which rooms the music is playing in.

This must be possible but I'm not sure where to start looking - I've seen some amps with A, B, A+B switches, but never more than (2x2 channels?) this. Have I just not looked hard enough?

NB: I don't have a big budget and audio quality isn't an initial concern. I'll worry about sound improvements once I at least have some idea of the options.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin.

Question here goes...

Well, when i installed HT systems, we always made sure to get a kinda "higher end" receiver like yamaha, onkyo, HK, denon" because they can handle the low impedance that this set-up or yours is going to have. Most higher models have a spkr A and B selector and will run two sets of front channel spkrs @ the same time with equal power output, so once you have decided on a receiver/amp, then you can pick up a spkr selector switch box from rat shack or about any stereo shop in town, then connect the Main A spkr outputs from the amp/receiver to the main L and R inputs on the spkr selector box, then it will have switches on the front of it for spkrs 1,2,3,4 etc. so there you have taken care of 4 sets or (four rooms). now you can choose another set or room to connect to the B channel on the amp/receiver. Hope this helps, IM me if you need more advice. take care!

Audisource has some nice little monoblock amps and regualar two channel amps. The modular ones (monoblock) can be jumpered together. You just keep adding amps. They also sell a preamp if you need one and and equalizers. Here is a link:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....lifier&start=1
    and another:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....D=237#essentia
    You could also do the same thing with a commercial installation using a 70v system. This is what they use in malls, etc, for sound.

Thread Information