AR Newbie Registered Member

NAD VS Harman/Kardon

Hello!

Which is better?NAD 320BEE or Harman/Kardon HK-970?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by venndi View Post
    Hello!

Which is better?NAD 320BEE or Harman/Kardon HK-970?
    Thanks.
    I can't say which is "better" -- that depends on your needs, but here are a couple things to consider:

• The HK is a discontinued model; the HK 3390 might be considered it successor
    • The HK has as built in phono preamp but the NAD apparently does not: if you have vinyl (LPs) this is a major consideration

I might the current HK 3390 over the NAD. it has a bit more power at 80 wpc vs. 50 for the NAD, and provides for very basic video swithing via Composite inputs/output whereas the NAD does not.

But rather than either the NAD or the HK I prefer the Outlaw 2150R which has both a phono preamp and digital inputs. It's also more powerful at 100 wpc. Importantly, it has a subwoofer output and selectable low-pass filter. Check out 2150R HERE.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I can't say which is "better" -- that depends on your needs, but here are a couple things to consider:

• The HK is a discontinued model; the HK 3390 might be considered it successor
    • The HK has as built in phono preamp but the NAD apparently does not: if you have vinyl (LPs) this is a major consideration

I might the current HK 3390 over the NAD. it has a bit more power at 80 wpc vs. 50 for the NAD, and provides for very basic video swithing via Composite inputs/output whereas the NAD does not.

But rather than either the NAD or the HK I prefer the Outlaw 2150R which has both a phono preamp and digital inputs. It's also more powerful at 100 wpc. Importantly, it has a subwoofer output and selectable low-pass filter. Check out 2150R HERE.

Wow man thanks for the answer. I have never heard about outlaw I have no LP. I dont know, it is smart thing, bought amp with radio? I am not a fancier, but i have heard the amps with am/fm always have worse noise, than amps without am/fm...sorry for bad english

The Outlaw is a well reviewed receiver with excellent sound for the price. I would take it over both the NAD and HK.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp, Pass X-1 Preamp
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Van Alstine Ultra Hybrid Tube Preamp and Ultra Hybrid Tube DAC
    Martin Logan Original Dynamo Sub
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by venndi View Post
    Wow man thanks for the answer. I have never heard about outlaw I have no LP. I dont know, it is smart thing, bought amp with radio? I am not a fancier, but i have heard the amps with am/fm always have worse noise, than amps without am/fm...sorry for bad english
    Contrary to what you might have heard, the FM/AM radio usually doesn't usually affect the noise level to any significant extent in half-decent receivers.

"Receivers" are just integrated amplifiers with a radio receiver built in. If you don't listen to FM/AM, then look for an integrated amplifier instead of a receiver. As for stereo, (that is, 2 channel), nowadays there is a much larger selection of integrated amplifiers than receivers. There is an integrated to suit every budget and they a have a wide array of features depending on the model. For a good idea of what is available, check out Audio Advisor's offerings HERE.

You might consider a multi-channel AV receiver; you can use an AV receiver for stereo of course, and there is a very large selection in virtually every price range. All AV receivers have digital inputs, whereas only a minority of integrated amps have these. The down-side of AV receivers is that they tend to be larger, heavier, and slightly more expensive for given power levels than stereo-only units.
    Last edited by Feanor; 05-15-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Thread Information