Forum Regular

Talking mcintosh mc352 and c45

Does anyone have any info on the mc352 power amp and the c45 preamp! Audio classics are selling mint mc352s and c45s which are basically new items that are being moved out of inventory because the new mcintosh model is the mc 402 which is the new model being pushed to the front by dealers such as modia, audioGon, and other high end dealers! Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by errol van
    Does anyone have any info on the mc352 power amp and the c45 preamp! Audio classics are selling mint mc352s and c45s which are basically new items that are being moved out of inventory because the new mcintosh model is the mc 402 which is the new model being pushed to the front by dealers such as modia, audioGon, and other high end dealers! Thanks for your input!
    According to Mac's website the C45 is still a current model ... check it out here.

The MC352 is no longer current and, deplorably, the Mac website doens't provide info about discontinued models.

I would be delighted to own any McIntosh tube component, and any solid state component introduced in the last dozen years of so; this includes the MC353 and well as the C45. They are find equipment; perhaps sounding a little on the warm, luxuriant side of the scale. If you can get a better than average discount I suspect they represent reasonable value, though others might disagree.

Charm Thai™
    The 352 is probably my favorite amp mid-priced amp. I came so close to picking one up many times but the 252 functionally fit my needs a little bit better and I kinda wanted a new model in the line. If you do end up buying one I highly recommend the LED kit. Changing the bulbs is not difficult but it's a pain in the a$$ sometimes so I think it's worth the investment.

Thread Information