Thread: JoLida JD 1701

Forum Regular

JoLida JD 1701

I'm about to get this beautiful JoLida but I'm not sure if there's something in this class that would fit my needs even better. I haven't heared anything better, but in my country there's not much to hear
    So, do you have any suggestions some other amp I should test with to get the best amp for acoustic jazz like Diana Krall, Ella, Louis, Miles, Ray Brown, and for music like Erykah Badu, Me'shell NdegeOcello, Marvin Gaye, Stevie, Prince, Funkdadelic, Herbie Hancock....

Oh, I do not have the new speakers yet, but I'm thinking of some Dynaudio Audience 62 or something like that.

Thanks

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by groovastic
    I'm about to get this beautiful JoLida but I'm not sure if there's something in this class that would fit my needs even better. I haven't heared anything better, but in my country there's not much to hear
    So, do you have any suggestions some other amp I should test with to get the best amp for acoustic jazz like Diana Krall, Ella, Louis, Miles, Ray Brown, and for music like Erykah Badu, Me'shell NdegeOcello, Marvin Gaye, Stevie, Prince, Funkdadelic, Herbie Hancock....

Oh, I do not have the new speakers yet, but I'm thinking of some Dynaudio Audience 62 or something like that.

Thanks
    The Jolida 1701 is a hybrid tube/MOSFET amp. Be sure to upgrade the tubes as the stock Chinese tubes are junk. These hybrid amps sound like the tubes so you need to be selective when rolling in tubes. Every tube sounds different. This is good because you can tailor the sound to your ears and speakers. I use Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes, for detailed and transparent performance.

Thread Information