Forum Regular

I need help building a HT

I would like to purchase a Home Theater System and I don't know what to buy. I hear that separate components are a better choice than a AV receiver. I have a budget of about five thousand dollars. I like receivers from Denon, Yamaha, and Pioneer in this exact order and speakers from Paradigm or from any another reputable manufacture.

I would love to buy a 5.1 or 7.1 amp and a good sound processor for a cleaner sound. Which brand should I be looking at? I need a HT that can last me for the next ten years.

Can someone in here put together a system for me. I'll be using my HT for 50% music and 50% video. I will appreciate any recommendation you can offer.

Thank you very much for your input.
    P.S. I already have a sub. (M&K V-125)

Jmzmta

Well here's a good start on separates

A 5 channel amp: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/750.html
    A 7 channel amp: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/770.html
    good customer service and tech support. The price is outstanding too.

Forum Regular
    Outlaw Audio is good, i can also recommend Parasound
    Maggie 3.6R to be replaced with new Apogee Scintillas 1ohm !! :-) 20Hz flat to Ultrasonic at 110db at 4m
    System1: Magnepan MG3.6R/SE,Jolida JD3000b, Krell KSA-150, Audio Analouge Paganini MKII, Audioquest Slate and NRG-2
    System2:
    VMPS RM30M, Rega Planet 2000MKII, Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Rega Planar 2 with Super BIAS, Rega Phono Stage
    System3: Magnepan MG.5QR/SE, Cambridge Audio C500/P500, Philips CD985 connected to Leasegang projector
    Contact me...f.wiegand@t-online.de

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JMZMTA
    I would like to purchase a Home Theater System and I don't know what to buy. I hear that separate components are a better choice than a AV receiver. I have a budget of about five thousand dollars. I like receivers from Denon, Yamaha, and Pioneer in this exact order and speakers from Paradigm or from any another reputable manufacture.

I would love to buy a 5.1 or 7.1 amp and a good sound processor for a cleaner sound. Which brand should I be looking at? I need a HT that can last me for the next ten years.

Can someone in here put together a system for me. I'll be using my HT for 50% music and 50% video. I will appreciate any recommendation you can offer.

Jmzmta
    I would recommend a system with Parasound electronics and Tannoy speakers. And DIY cables :-)
    Maggie 3.6R to be replaced with new Apogee Scintillas 1ohm !! :-) 20Hz flat to Ultrasonic at 110db at 4m
    System1: Magnepan MG3.6R/SE,Jolida JD3000b, Krell KSA-150, Audio Analouge Paganini MKII, Audioquest Slate and NRG-2
    System2:
    VMPS RM30M, Rega Planet 2000MKII, Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Rega Planar 2 with Super BIAS, Rega Phono Stage
    System3: Magnepan MG.5QR/SE, Cambridge Audio C500/P500, Philips CD985 connected to Leasegang projector
    Contact me...f.wiegand@t-online.de

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JMZMTA

Jmzmta
    I would recommend you buy the AV reciever you like best and a very good 5 channel amp...Yamaha and Denon should have a good enough pre-amp section in their gear for you to really enjoy some 2ch music when you like.

I use a Harmon Kardon reciever with Hafler amps for my HT....

Thread Information