Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    11

    HELP...Musical Fidelity Amp

    I am now looking for around $1500 integrated amp.
    I have tried the Musical fadelity A3.2, it just super.
    no matter the high, mid and bass is perfect for me. (at least for my entry level audiophile)
    Can anyone help me for this amp, any pros and cons on it.
    Plus, if within $1500 budget, any suggestion for better integrated amp.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Geoffcin; 09-30-2004 at 02:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    below the noise floor
    Posts
    3,636
    I have practically an entirely Musical Fidelity setup -- so...not sure what you're looking for...recommendations? Yes, get it.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    11
    I am looking for Jazz and Classical music.
    not the heavy metal one.

    my setup: Vienna Acoustic Hadyn speaker (bookshelf) 89db in 6 ohms
    CD player, Cambridge Audio 640C (will buy next week)

  4. #4
    Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,326

    Recommendations; YES!

    Quote Originally Posted by joesakic
    I am looking for Jazz and Classical music.
    not the heavy metal one.

    my setup: Vienna Acoustic Hadyn speaker (bookshelf) 89db in 6 ohms
    CD player, Cambridge Audio 640C (will buy next week)
    Musical Fidelity makes great sounding, well built, good looking equipment.

    You will not go wrong with MF gear no matter what your speakers, or other components.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

  5. #5
    Vinyl Junkie slate1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    95
    So - did you get it?

    I, too, looked at the A3.2 but ended up with a used A300 from AudiogoN and saved myself a solid $800 in doing so. Plus, ended up with more power and it was already broken in. You can pick up the A300 integrateds for $700 - $800 - there are several listed at www.audiogon.com today.

    I listened to a lot of amps before deciding on the Musical Fidelity. They're hard to beat - sound is wonderful, built like tanks, and they look great. What more could you ask for at this price point!
    Cayin A-70T Integrated w/ Gold Lion Tubes PS Audio GCPH Phono Stage Pro-Ject RPM-9.1 Turntable w/ Pro-Ject Ground-It and Pro-Ject Speedbox II Dynavector 20X2H Cartridge Usher Audio X-718 Monitors Ultimate Cables C4 Interconnects & Speaker Cables

  6. #6
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by slate1
    So - did you get it?

    I, too, looked at the A3.2 but ended up with a used A300 from AudiogoN and saved myself a solid $800 in doing so. Plus, ended up with more power and it was already broken in. You can pick up the A300 integrateds for $700 - $800 - there are several listed at www.audiogon.com today.

    I listened to a lot of amps before deciding on the Musical Fidelity. They're hard to beat - sound is wonderful, built like tanks, and they look great. What more could you ask for at this price point!

    Finally, I have audited with Sudgen A21a integrated amp (Pure Class A), REMEMBER, IT JUST 25 WATTS.
    For the vocal jazz, it is way better than MF A3.2, but for the classical rock, i would prefer A3.2. Oh, remember it is very very hot when operate and it is very power consuming too.

    Difficult for me to choose, coz both these amps are excellent though.
    Well....endup i chose MF A3.2!!!!

    After the break in period, It is one of the best amp within the price range.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular lumiere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by joesakic
    For the vocal jazz, it is way better than MF A3.2, but for the classical rock, i would prefer A3.2. Oh, remember it is very very hot when operate and it is very power consuming too.

    Hi, Joe. Does your amp get ver hot? I have the same amp and my Totem speakers have similar specs to the Haydn, and my MF barely gets warm, even though is on 24/7.
    Just curious.
    Cheers
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated Amp, VPI Scout turntable, JMW9 arm, Dynavector DV10x5 cartridge, Wright Sound WPP200C Phono Preamplifier, Marantz SA8001 SACD Player, Totem Arro Speakers

  8. #8
    Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,326

    Next to a Digital amp

    Quote Originally Posted by lumiere
    Hi, Joe. Does your amp get ver hot? I have the same amp and my Totem speakers have similar specs to the Haydn, and my MF barely gets warm, even though is on 24/7.
    Just curious.
    Cheers
    I know of no other amp that's more efficient than the Musical Fidelity. When driven hard for a hour or so with my maggies it still remains only mildly warm. I also keep it on 24/7 with no worries.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

  9. #9
    Listener MikeyBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    319
    It just so happens i've owned the 3.2 integrated and the 3.2 CD for a few months now. I love them, the amp has a smooth spacious sound that is easy to listen to, sonically the only weakness may be that the very deepest bass is a little muddy, but i'm making a comparison to a Bryston 4B / B&K combo that I tried with my speakers a couple years ago. But I like the upper mids and highs better with the M.F.

    The only other annoying thing is the bright blue indicators are too bright and cant be turned off, so listening in the dark is impossible unless you block the light somehow like a little piece of electric tape. Those 3 front panel lights will illuminate the whole room when your eyes start adjusting to the dark.

    I have no regrets though. Another option is the creek 5350SE (same price) which has a bit less power but is as good or a bit better than the M.F. for bass impact, but less midrange magic.

    Good luck

  10. #10
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by lumiere
    Hi, Joe. Does your amp get ver hot? I have the same amp and my Totem speakers have similar specs to the Haydn, and my MF barely gets warm, even though is on 24/7.
    Just curious.
    Cheers
    Dear Lumiere,

    Oh, I mean hot is for Sudgen A21a Amp.
    Not for MF.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RGA Reviews Page 3 - yes still more.
    By RGA in forum Speakers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:10 PM
  2. Add Musical Fidelity A120
    By Unregistered in forum Product Addition Suggestions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:50 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:54 PM
  4. Musical Fidelity integrated?
    By MikeyBC in forum Amps/Preamps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 05:56 PM
  5. Opinions on the most musical subs?
    By acqui in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •