Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gimes

Thread: Finally, my Stereo dream is complete

Forum Regular

Finally, my Stereo dream is complete

Finally, my Stereo dream is complete-img_0296.jpgFinally, my Stereo dream is complete-img_0292.jpgFinally, my Stereo dream is complete-img_0297.jpgI'm finally all settled here in South Carolina after almost a year of living in a hotel, and the best part is that I was able to set up my (partially) new stereo/HT. The Mac gear is new, along with the furniture. I had the entertainment center custom made to fit the ventilation requirements of the preamp. I'm still considering upgrading the speakers, but I already have some Klipsch Heresy IIIs that I can insert now and again, so we're on hold there.

Stereo:
    McIntosh MC275 Power Amp
    McIntosh C2500 Pre
    Music Hall MMF 2.1 Turntable

Home Theater:
    Marantz NR1501 Receiver
    Oppo BDP-105
    Panasonic VT60 55" Plasma

Klipsch RF-5s
    SVS 25-31PC Plus Sub

Congratulations: it's a system that ought to sound great and give you much pleasure. Your Mac MC275 would be a great match with the Klipsch speakers, I'd guess.

Thanks for posting and including the great photos.

Charm Thai™
    Loving the McIntosh gear Gimes. I bet it sounds even sweeter after being holed up in a hotel room for so long. If I were you though I'd swap the RF's for the Heresy's pronto ;-)

Suspended
    Looking good. The Mac gear is nice. If you don't mind me saying so I'd upgrade the speakers and your source. I'm sure the 2.1 is a capable table but not on the same level as your Mac, in order to get your money's worth from it. If I'm not mistaken Clearaudio either helped design or does build the Mac table. You can get a Clearaudio Concept with cart for around $1500.00. The table is very well reviewed. Or, if you like the Music Hall really well I believe a 7.1 is same money.

Beautiful gear, enjoy!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    Yeah, Mr. P, I know what you're saying about the speakers and source. I'm still taking a look. For right now, the MH will do, but that will be the next thing I upgrade.

I already swap out the RFs for the Heresy quite a bit. Trying to decide which ones to keep in the system. To be honest, I like em both. I'm still considering several different upgrade choices, so we'll see what happens. The system sounds great as is, though.

Forum Regular

With the Heresy

Finally, my Stereo dream is complete-img_0299.jpgFinally, my Stereo dream is complete-img_0300.jpg
    Here's the system with the Heresy IIIs.

Ah! Those magical McIntosh blue meters: gotta love 'em.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the heads up on the Clearaudio, Mr. P. I was already looking to upgrade the MMF 2.1, so we'll see how this goes.

Suspended
    No problem. Does this mean you are ordering one or just looking into it? If you are getting one the package with moving coil cart is worth the money, or, at least discuss upgrading the MM cart that comes with it maybe to a Virtuoso.

Very nice system! I really love that audio cabinet!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    Mr. P, I went ahead and scooped up the Clearaudio. I knew the turntable was the next step, and your recommendation came at the right time. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks!
    Mr Peabody likes this.

Suspended
    That's great, I think you'll really enjoy it. What cart did you get with it? When you hear it give your ears some time to adjust, the table is super quiet, pay attention to the detail you are hearing. This will make more sense when you hear for the first time, the quiet background is nearly digital like yet the sound is analog. Let me know how you like it.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    That's great, I think you'll really enjoy it. What cart did you get with it? When you hear it give your ears some time to adjust, the table is super quiet, pay attention to the detail you are hearing. This will make more sense when you hear for the first time, the quiet background is nearly digital like yet the sound is analog. Let me know how you like it.
    It's nice to see he took your recommendation to heart and moved on it quickly. I had a 2.1 previously and the Clearaudio is a nice step up the analog ladder. He should be quite impressed.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

I have never heard the Classic Klipsch with the opportunity to hear the newer series stuff with the same system in place. What is the difference that you hear between them, I would guess the heresy's give you more of the old school live klipsch sound and the newer stuff would be more refined but that is a guess.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Forum Regular
    Good question. I've never been good at putting into words what I hear from the gear. The Heresy's are definitely different from the RFs. They have a more open sound to them, but as I adjust the bass on the preamp you can tell that they pick up the low end very well. So far, I'm astonished at the Heresy's and the detail they provide both from the analog side and from the digital HT stuff. I used to switch back and forth to the RFs but I haven't for several days now. At this point, i'm really just trying to decide what to do with the RFs. I've had them for a long time and don't want to get rid of them, so I think I'll put them away and use them again when I have the need.

Mr. P, the Clearaudio came today, I got the MM cart. To say that I'm impressed is an understatement!! So much detail! I recently bought a new Dire Straits LP and when the beginning of So Far Away hit, my jaw dropped. The difference between the MMF 2.1 and the Concept wasn't even close. I even used the Clearaudio accessories to level the MMF and correct its stylus, and it still didn't matter. I'm certainly not surprised given the difference between the two, but I didn't realize it would be so discernible! Thank you again for the recommendation. I want to play every album I have right away.

It does amaze me that some people will buy the Klipsch Heritage series and never seem to have the want or need to upgrade from them. I have heard plenty of Klipsch over the years and some I have loved and others not so much but there are plenty of satisfied owners out there.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Congrats on the new table. I've heard the Concept and its a fine table.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Thread Information