Forum Regular

Changing pin that connect Main to Preout2 for Int. Amp?

Will it make a difference in sound quality when changing the pin that connect the main to pre-out 2 to a high quality ones as I read in one of the review online?

If it will? Where can I find a better sets of pins?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing pin that connect Main to Preout2 for Int. Amp?-c352_jumper.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by m500
    Will it make a difference in sound quality when changing the pin that connect the main to pre-out 2 to a high quality ones as I read in one of the review online?
    Marginal at best. I would recommend, however, using a good cleaner like Deoxit on all contacts and jacks. Even gold plated contacts oxidize over time and that will degrade sound quality.

rw

Canuck!
    I've had good results DIYing my own solid copper jumpers for that connector, but I felt that the best results came when I went inside the NAD integrated that had the jumpers and directly soldered the traces together. That provided a good improvement. Audioquest and Clarity Labs both sell RCA Jumper cables for the purpose of replacing those cables.

Gershman Acoustics X-1/SW-1 / Odyssey Stratos Extreme Monoblocks / Edge Electronics Si-1m Preamplifier / Sony DVP-NC555ES Transport Modded Caps and Opamps / Pro-Ject Debut II with Shure M97xE / Carver TX-11 Tuner / SonoCable and Harmonic Tech Cabling / Monster Power HTS1000 MKII / Monster Power HTS3500 MKII / Audio Note AN-K/Spe / Radii MSKT88 Monoblocks / SonoSilence One / Akai Reference Master

nightflier

Another thing to try

If you have a pair of very short but good quality RCA cables (1' are available), then you could simulate the jumper. It is not a perfect solution of course, but you could try this to isolate if that really is the problem that you are trying to solve.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by corwin99
    I've had good results DIYing my own solid copper jumpers for that connector, but I felt that the best results came when I went inside the NAD integrated that had the jumpers and directly soldered the traces together. That provided a good improvement. Audioquest and Clarity Labs both sell RCA Jumper cables for the purpose of replacing those cables.

corwin99, Is there a website for CLARITY LAB? I found AudioQuest but no CLARITY LAB, thanks.

nightflier

Audioquest at AA

Quote Originally Posted by m500

If it will? Where can I find a better sets of pins?
    M500,

I believe audioadvisor.com sells the audioquest jumpers that you're looking for.

Thread Information