• 05-10-2005, 05:38 AM
    m500
    1 Attachment(s)
    Changing pin that connect Main to Preout2 for Int. Amp?
    Will it make a difference in sound quality when changing the pin that connect the main to pre-out 2 to a high quality ones as I read in one of the review online?

If it will? Where can I find a better sets of pins?
  • 05-10-2005, 12:46 PM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m500
    Will it make a difference in sound quality when changing the pin that connect the main to pre-out 2 to a high quality ones as I read in one of the review online?

Marginal at best. I would recommend, however, using a good cleaner like Deoxit on all contacts and jacks. Even gold plated contacts oxidize over time and that will degrade sound quality.

rw
  • 05-10-2005, 02:05 PM
    corwin99
    I've had good results DIYing my own solid copper jumpers for that connector, but I felt that the best results came when I went inside the NAD integrated that had the jumpers and directly soldered the traces together. That provided a good improvement. Audioquest and Clarity Labs both sell RCA Jumper cables for the purpose of replacing those cables.
  • 05-10-2005, 03:26 PM
    Another thing to try
    If you have a pair of very short but good quality RCA cables (1' are available), then you could simulate the jumper. It is not a perfect solution of course, but you could try this to isolate if that really is the problem that you are trying to solve.
  • 05-16-2005, 05:45 AM
    m500
    Quote:

Originally Posted by corwin99
    I've had good results DIYing my own solid copper jumpers for that connector, but I felt that the best results came when I went inside the NAD integrated that had the jumpers and directly soldered the traces together. That provided a good improvement. Audioquest and Clarity Labs both sell RCA Jumper cables for the purpose of replacing those cables.

corwin99, Is there a website for CLARITY LAB? I found AudioQuest but no CLARITY LAB, thanks.
  • 05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
    Audioquest at AA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m500

If it will? Where can I find a better sets of pins?

M500,

I believe audioadvisor.com sells the audioquest jumpers that you're looking for.