AR Newbie Registered Member

cerwin vega v 15s

just bought these speakers and have a yamaha receiver trying to push them.receiver was built in 1977,so i guess it s a little old.anyways when i turn volume up the speakers dont turn off but they do get quieter.called cerwin vega and told them what was up and they said my receiver wasnt powerful enuff to push them.so my question is what kind of receiver do i need and what kind of power.ive looked at some new yamahas that i think could push them,but i just dont know.would really like some help on this one

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    The largest C-V models are usually always 4 ohms nominal and while I am not familar with your specific model, in keeping with this custom that may be likely the case. I have owned C-V models D-9, 380SE and AT-15 in the past and found them easy to drive. I suspect though that your old Yamaha receiver is just not tolerant of the load the VS-15 presents. Any other receiver or integrated amp that is rated for 4 ohms loads should work fine. The C-Vs are very sensitive so you don't need a lot of power to make them play loud.

AR Newbie Registered Member

thanks

the only thing is trying to find the rite receiver.where im at there is not a place who has great receivers and if they did they wouldnt know much about them.so i really do not know what kind of receiver would b good

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Are you looking for a multichannel or 2-channel receiver ? Would you consider an integrated amp ? Most important, what is your budget ? That would be the starting point to make a recommendation. Good deals can be found online if there is no decent store near you.

Thread Information