Mid-Fi

Can I use the DAC only from a Pre/Pro?

Just a quick question. The dac in my HT processor Proceed AVP is pretty good. I just got a tube pre-amp arrived and I am doing some test audition. I want to try different dacs. Can I use the record output or somewhere of the AVP and make AVP working as a dac only? Thanks

Hey Mr Peabody. I began to try some CJ stuff out from ARC. Just got a PV14L. But now I can only pair it with ARC VT100. First impression is the sound is a little sweeter. But other espects such as image and transparency are not as good as VT100/LS2B combo. Maybe I have to get a MV55 or 60 to get better result, right?

Quote Originally Posted by minye
    Just a quick question. The dac in my HT processor Proceed AVP is pretty good. I just got a tube pre-amp arrived and I am doing some test audition. I want to try different dacs. Can I use the record output or somewhere of the AVP and make AVP working as a dac only? Thanks
    I take it want to run the CD digital output into the HT then the Tape Record out to the preamp input that will work as long as you have an outboard amp.
    Last edited by BRANDONH; 10-10-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Mid-Fi
    Quote Originally Posted by BRANDONH
    I take it want to run the CD digital output into the HT then the Tape Record out to the preamp input that will work as long as you have an outboard amp.
    Yes BRAN. That is what I want to do. I have tube preamp and power amp. Thanks

I checked the manual of my Pre/pro. it has a Remote Zone output and a Record Path. The difference between is the Remote outputs include a high quality analog volume control; the Record path remains at a fixed line level at all times. So this Record path is what I need.

Thread Information