AR Newbie

Question Linn Wakonda Pre Amp

HI THERE,

NEED SOME LITTLE HELP HERE.

SOON I'M GOING TO GET MYSELF A LINN KLOUT POWER AMP AS I WHANT TO HAVE A BIG CHANGE OVER MY BELOVED ROKSAN KANDY MK3 AMP. I KNOW I HAVE TO GET A SEPERATE PRE AMP FOR IT, SO I AM THINKING OF PURCASING THE LINN WAKONDA PRE AMP WHICH I THINK IT WILL GO GOOD WITH THE KLOUT. ANY WAY I KNOW HOW TO CONNECT MY SPEAKERS TO POWER AMP AND MY OTHER AUDIO SOURCES TO PRE AMP. BUT HOW DO I CONNECT MY PRE AMP TO THE LINN KLOUT AMP THOUGH??.

RESPECT

SHANE

Hi Shane,

I Haven't Auditionned The Linn Wakonda And Klout, But They Are Very Simple To Connect. The Wakonda Has Two Identical Stereo Line-outputs, Enabling The Connection Of Up To Two Power Amps. Select A Line-output And Use Interconnects To Connect The Left Output Of The Pre-amp To The Left Input On The Power Amp, And Vise Versa. Enjoy Your New System!

--

Darn, I can't seem to type in all caps, AR seems to reset the case. How'd you do that?

AR Newbie
    Cool,

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL BARE IT IN MIND, CHEERS.

REPSECT

SHANE

AR Newbie Registered Member

You guys still there?

Can either of you offer any advise? I brought some expensive Hi Fi in the late 90’s, Sonus Faber Grand Piano’s, Linn Genki, Wakonda, and one LK 140. I knew nothing then or now about Hi Fi really, I just listened to loads of stuff and that combination sounded the best and the speakers looked great.

Still like the sound and I have no particular desire to throw it all out for an upgrade to new stuff. I was looking on ebay and such places and have seen Klouts for sale. Do you think replacing the LK 140 with one or 2 second hand Klouts would be worth while sound wise? Or maybe just getting another LK 140 so I have one for each speaker?

Any help gratefully received.

AR Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyroad
    Can either of you offer any advise? I brought some expensive Hi Fi in the late 90’s, Sonus Faber Grand Piano’s, Linn Genki, Wakonda, and one LK 140. I knew nothing then or now about Hi Fi really, I just listened to loads of stuff and that combination sounded the best and the speakers looked great.

Still like the sound and I have no particular desire to throw it all out for an upgrade to new stuff. I was looking on ebay and such places and have seen Klouts for sale. Do you think replacing the LK 140 with one or 2 second hand Klouts would be worth while sound wise? Or maybe just getting another LK 140 so I have one for each speaker?

Any help gratefully received.
    OH GOD YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

GO FOR THE KLOUTS, I THINK YOU WILL WORSHIP THE KLOUTS AS IF ITS A F**** GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

WITH THE KLOUTS YOU WILL GET A MORE BETTER PUNCHY SOUND, BUT YET MUCH MORE DETAILED SOUND OVER THE LK140 AMPS. AND WITH THE WAKONDA PRE AMP, I THINK IT WILL STILL GO GOOD WITH THE BIG BOYS MATE. IF NOT THEN THE KARIN IS THE KEY FIGURE.

HOPE THIS HELPS SKYROAD.

RESPECT

SHANE

Thread Information