Linn Wakonda Pre Amp

Printable View

• 09-30-2007, 05:21 AM
    shane2468
    Linn Wakonda Pre Amp
    HI THERE,

NEED SOME LITTLE HELP HERE.

SOON I'M GOING TO GET MYSELF A LINN KLOUT POWER AMP AS I WHANT TO HAVE A BIG CHANGE OVER MY BELOVED ROKSAN KANDY MK3 AMP. I KNOW I HAVE TO GET A SEPERATE PRE AMP FOR IT, SO I AM THINKING OF PURCASING THE LINN WAKONDA PRE AMP WHICH I THINK IT WILL GO GOOD WITH THE KLOUT. ANY WAY I KNOW HOW TO CONNECT MY SPEAKERS TO POWER AMP AND MY OTHER AUDIO SOURCES TO PRE AMP. BUT HOW DO I CONNECT MY PRE AMP TO THE LINN KLOUT AMP THOUGH??.:nonod:

RESPECT:cornut:

SHANE:confused5:
  • 09-30-2007, 09:59 AM
    elapsed
    Hi Shane,

I Haven't Auditionned The Linn Wakonda And Klout, But They Are Very Simple To Connect. The Wakonda Has Two Identical Stereo Line-outputs, Enabling The Connection Of Up To Two Power Amps. Select A Line-output And Use Interconnects To Connect The Left Output Of The Pre-amp To The Left Input On The Power Amp, And Vise Versa. Enjoy Your New System!

--

Darn, I can't seem to type in all caps, AR seems to reset the case. How'd you do that?
  • 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
    shane2468
    Cool,

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL BARE IT IN MIND, CHEERS.

REPSECT

SHANE
  • 10-07-2007, 10:14 AM
    Skyroad
    You guys still there?
    Can either of you offer any advise? I brought some expensive Hi Fi in the late 90’s, Sonus Faber Grand Piano’s, Linn Genki, Wakonda, and one LK 140. I knew nothing then or now about Hi Fi really, I just listened to loads of stuff and that combination sounded the best and the speakers looked great.

Still like the sound and I have no particular desire to throw it all out for an upgrade to new stuff. I was looking on ebay and such places and have seen Klouts for sale. Do you think replacing the LK 140 with one or 2 second hand Klouts would be worth while sound wise? Or maybe just getting another LK 140 so I have one for each speaker?

Any help gratefully received.
  • 10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
    shane2468
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyroad
    Can either of you offer any advise? I brought some expensive Hi Fi in the late 90’s, Sonus Faber Grand Piano’s, Linn Genki, Wakonda, and one LK 140. I knew nothing then or now about Hi Fi really, I just listened to loads of stuff and that combination sounded the best and the speakers looked great.

Still like the sound and I have no particular desire to throw it all out for an upgrade to new stuff. I was looking on ebay and such places and have seen Klouts for sale. Do you think replacing the LK 140 with one or 2 second hand Klouts would be worth while sound wise? Or maybe just getting another LK 140 so I have one for each speaker?

Any help gratefully received.

OH GOD YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

GO FOR THE KLOUTS, I THINK YOU WILL WORSHIP THE KLOUTS AS IF ITS A F**** GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

WITH THE KLOUTS YOU WILL GET A MORE BETTER PUNCHY SOUND, BUT YET MUCH MORE DETAILED SOUND OVER THE LK140 AMPS. AND WITH THE WAKONDA PRE AMP, I THINK IT WILL STILL GO GOOD WITH THE BIG BOYS MATE. IF NOT THEN THE KARIN IS THE KEY FIGURE.

HOPE THIS HELPS SKYROAD.

RESPECT

SHANE