Thread: Budget Amp

Forum Regular

Budget Amp

I'm going to pick up a pair of Atoms on Tuesday. I'm going to be running a setup up that will play music off my computer. I'm going to run ITunes through Airport Express, into an amp and into my speakers. (I might get a turntable later, but for now its just through the computer).

I'm a college student. What are some recommendations for good budget priced amps. I want to spend as little as possible while not losing any quality of sound to my speakers. After listening to the speakers for a while, I may or may not add a subwoofer.

Thanks for your help.

Well, what do you consider 'budget priced'?

Forum Regular
    How much am I looking at for an entry model that wont sacrafice sound quality through atoms?

Price below 200 would be nice if its available. I might try to get it off of ebay to knock down the price a bit. If 200 is too low, 250 or 300 new is absolute max.

Parasound Zamp is the only new amp that comes to mind, but you should really consider used. Amps are solid buys used because they have no moving parts and many have transferrable warranties. Check out audiogon.com and see if you can find a nice used NAD, B&K, Parsound, or Rotel amp.

Forum Regular
    I am enjoying an Adcom 545 II currently. Good, solid amp at a conservative 100 wpc. These were well respected and they sold tons of them in the 90's. There are plenty of used units available. $200.00 ought to get a pristine one from a loving owner. $150.00 or so on Ebay.

jocko

yea, good to see you took the atoms!!
    i'm also looking for an amp in the same price range, so i'm going to keep an eye on this tread :P

Thread Information