Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Be especially careful when replacing the lamps to the FM function light, if the incorrect lamp is used you can cause damage to the MPX section of the FM, really bad thing to have happen.

Jim

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Thanks Jim, you're alittle late on the post. The Marantz has been rockin for some time now, properly lit. Thanks and welcome!!

Glad to hear that, I am partial to Marantz, my first real amp was a Marantz 1060, wonderful amplifier, very warm it is the heart of the 2230;

Keep em' spinning.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Great first post and welcome to AudioReview.
    Thank you, I try to help when I can.

Jim
    Fairchild 412-1B SME arm Pickering XSV-3000
    Thorens Weight
    GAS Thoebe
    Grant Fidelity B-283
    California Audio Labs Delta Transport
    Paradesea DAC
    DBX-3BX-DS
    Sansui TU-7700
    Adcom 585
    Hafler Pro 500
    Tara Labs Cable
    Legacy Classic's

Tube system Scott 299B, Thorens TD-160, Klipsch Heresy's

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eck
    Glad to hear that, I am partial to Marantz, my first real amp was a Marantz 1060, wonderful amplifier, very warm it is the heart of the 2230;

Keep em' spinning.

Jim
    Hi Jim, I have a 1060 with the matching tuner (2020) I was going to put on eBay soon. My father bought this in the 70's. It is a very nice amp.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Can anyone direct me to some blue lamps for the 1515? Links please...it requires 4
    Here is a seller that has a lot of vintage audio parts. rustynailaudio@aol.com His name is Howard. Nice guy too. Just bought a push cap for my old Marantz 2020 tuner that was missing.

Hoping this could help someone in the forum community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydee
    Here is a seller that has a lot of vintage audio parts. rustynailaudio@aol.com His name is Howard. Nice guy too. Just bought a push cap for my old Marantz 2020 tuner that was missing.

Hoping this could help someone in the forum community.
    Oui, tres bien...merci et bienvenue. Ahhh St. Jerome, I remember as a boy, eating steamed hot dogs from Vic's. Is it still there? A little bit of cloeslaw on that sucker with some poutine. Heaven....

Oui, tres bien...merci et bienvenue. Ahhh St. Jerome, I remember as a boy, eating steamed hot dogs from Vic's. Is it still there? A little bit of cloeslaw on that sucker with some poutine. Heaven....
    LOL Yeah, Vic's is still there on Montigny street. Poutine is good but this stuff is pure cholesterol, artery clogging bliss!!!!. I'll have it once every 2 months or so at La Belle Province restaurant or Ashton (some say that is where poutine was first made) just outside of Quebec city.

Are you from Quebec?

Merci pour le bienvenue

LOL Yeah, Vic's is still there on Montigny street. Poutine is good but this stuff is pure cholesterol, artery clogging bliss!!!!. I'll have it once every 2 months or so at La Belle Province restaurant or Ashton (some say that is where poutine was first made) just outside of Quebec city.

Are you from Quebec?

Merci pour le bienvenue
    My father lived in Quebec after moving to Canada from France. Ma nom est Giroux. Ou est-ce mon nom? Tabernac!!

My father lived in Quebec after moving to Canada from France. Ma nom est Giroux. Ou est-ce mon nom? Tabernac!!
    Yep, Giroux is French alright! Still in Cnada? Where in Canada is the Shaolin Audio Temple?

Yep, Giroux is French alright! Still in Cnada? Where in Canada is the Shaolin Audio Temple?
    London Ontario. The Shaolin Audio Temple is located in the basement of my house. Membership is free and we meditate with zen vinyl every night of the week. All are welcome.

London Ontario. The Shaolin Audio Temple is located in the basement of my house. Membership is free and we meditate with zen vinyl every night of the week. All are welcome.
    Cool! I was in London 3 weeks ago at our R&D facility on Bathurst street. I work for Parmalat.

But back to audio and stuff.... do you see (hear) much difference between older amps and the new receivers now a days? I have an Marantz 1060b with the matching tuner (model 2020) and wondering if I should perhaps give it to one of my kids or keep it or even putting them up on ebay. I dunno... Since I got a multi zone receiver I don't really need the Marantz. I also have an older Harman Kardon (PM640 VXi) and the tuner to go with it. But this one I am using in my home office.

Alot of guys like to have an old school system in addition to a modern one. You could try that angle. Always good for an extra bedroom/room as well. Unless it's taking up space you don't have, I wouldn't part with it.

If you shelf it, my suggestion is to wrap it up in plastic, also consider lightly greasing your RCA inputs to help protect them against corrosion. Of course, this is for long term storage.

However that's me, some people are able to let go of things easily, perhaps you are one? The cash would go nicely towards something new.

My overall thoughts about new vs old is that it's situational. Depends on the specific equipment and its use. I am planning a phono set up using a Golden Tube SE-40. I might get new speakers for this. Not sure yet but it could very well be a situation of old and new.

Thanks Poppachubby. I trully appreciate.

I don"t mind parting with some things as long as I know they can be enjoyed by others. I take extra good care of all my things so I know (or they should) have a few years life left in them. My kids have everything they need and want so......

Many thanks again poppachubby. Be well.

Thanks Poppachubby. I trully appreciate.

I don"t mind parting with some things as long as I know they can be enjoyed by others. I take extra good care of all my things so I know (or they should) have a few years life left in them. My kids have everything they need and want so......

Many thanks again poppachubby. Be well.
    Hey no prob, just rappin. What new gear has caught your eye anyhow?

Just got my new receiver about 4 weeks ago. Brand spanking new Onkyo TX-NR3007, 9.2 receiver. I was just about to hit the buy button on a Yamaha RX-Z11 when Onkyo came up with these 9.2 boxes at a fraction of the cost. Except for my sub and front speakers all my other speakers are in-walls and I am now looking at improving/upgrading those with better or higher quality. They're all 2 way speakers and I am positive that by changing them to 3 ways I'd get a crisper sound.
    The sound we have now is pretty good but I would like to experiment with perhaps some paradigms.
    My wife thinks I'm nuts LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Bulbs for Marantz-photo-039.jpg  

I just picked up a pair of these Angstrom Modular Three. Fantastic three way, but they are budget busters. I got mine for a steal, they sound nothing short of amazing. Perhaps you can check out their site. Canadian company too...

http://www.angstromloudspeakers.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Bulbs for Marantz-dsc02575.jpg  

OH, SWEET!!!! They look fantastic. Must sound great.

Thanks for the link. They have in-walls too and looking alright. Specs are OK too. The ones I have now are a bit more powerful but I may want to experiment with other speaker solutions/brands etc. I'm looking at getting a crisper sound from my heights, surrounds and back-surrounds.My fronts and center are fine for now. Triad, Genelec or Dynaudio are brands I'm looking at. I don't think I'll be spending on speakers before Christmass but I will in 2010 for sure.

Amazing looking speakers you got there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information