Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by reptkeu
    Hello,
    I finally chose the Accuphase E-206. Maybe not the best choice but it sounded like it was mine from the begining. You know, just like a first love.
    So, I just received it! It's here at the office, right behind me, and I can't wait to be home tonight.
    The Emotiva or anything that would have needed high shipping rate + custom clearance was out of question for me.
    Next post will be tonight ;-)
    Congrats, Reptkeu.

The Accuphase E-206 was sort of my "sentimental" favourite amongst the amps you were looking at. I'm sure you will enjoy it, assuming it's still functioning up to spec. Being 12+ years younger than the E-202, I think it was likely the better choice than that model. No doubt you're seen the E-206 brochure, HERE, from the Accuphase site.

(For equal money, say £500, the Naim Nait 5i might have been the purer performance choice, but what the heck.)

Forum Regular

Good job of staying the course with love at first sight...

I bet it's gonna sound great. Congratulations!

Yeah agreed, Accuphase E-202 is a top choose.

Suspended
    Maybe some one could come back and let us know how that Accuphase worked out.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hi to all,

I am new member hear, but very old in audiophile terms.
    So as a proud owner of E-206 I should replay. This is a great amp in 1000$ class, even now days. I have tested so many amplifiers such as Nad, Yamaha, HK, and so on... Not many of them have that sound like 206. It's very precise, linear, quick, with wide sound stage. But some people like that sound, some do not. Personally i think, that's because it is not so easy to fit in the rest of audio system. It demand quality components and cables otherwise it will not sound so good. So good luck with building the system !

My personal alternatives for 206 would be Simaudio Moon i3 or Exposure 3010S (but thats higher class) or at lest Moon i-1 or Exp 2010S...

Cheers !

Forum Regular
    I picked up a Marantz PM-7000 a couple years back for $220 on ebay, and its a nice integrated amp. Low volume playback is not the best, so if you are the late night listening type then this amp is not for you, but other than that, she will rock. Imaging is great, sound-staging is ok. The amp is very warm, as compared to my current Rotel gear which tends to be more detailed in the high end. Lots of bass with the Marantz. The 7200 is pretty much the 7000. 95 watts/channel, i think 0.05% THD with a damping factor of 150.
    "If only sleep and work didn't interfere with my listening sessions" =D

Preamp : Rotel RC-1082
    Amp : Rotel RB-1050
    Speakers : Kef Coda 70
    Velodyne VX-11
    CD : Rotel RCD-1072
    Turntable : Sony PS-LX1
    Power : Monster Power HTS 3600

Forum Regular
    oh, my bad... you already picked the Accuphase! Congrats

Velodyne VX-11

Hi,

I have heard Marantz PM7000 or it was 7200... on my system couple years ago. Yes, That is very worm sounding amp with good and very power bass. But it is not that precise and transparent. It's the matter of personal taste but it is a quite good amp for that money.

I have e-206 for some time now. First listening with it was very dramatic, and unusual. But later on it became real passion

Forum Regular
    Hi Accustuf, thats exactly how I felt with the Marantz PM7000. When I first hook it up I was impressed with its warmth and power, but as time went on I quickly became aware of its weaknesses. Excellent imaging, but was very 2 dimensional and boxy. Which is why after about 6 months I upgraded to my current Rotel system. I picked up the Marantz on ebay for about $220, so it was worth it. I'm thinking about bringing it back to life on a secondary audio setup.

Velodyne VX-11

hi,

Yes, that's the sound of Marantz. It gets you for some short time. But it is good for the 2 setup.
    I like Rotel gear but can't remember that model in your system. I have listen some Rotel power amp with B&O Blue ice modules in D class, It sounded very nice. Some kind of worm tonality and at the same time precise and transparent....

P.S good choice for speakers in your system

Forum Regular
    Thanx Accustuf! I absolutely love my Coda 70s! They treat me well.

I would like to sit down and listen to some Accuphase gear. Never had the opportunity to take one for a test drive. I took a Creek integrated for a test drive a few years back, and it was pretty amazing. Not sure of how Creek stands up next to the audiophile pack..

Velodyne VX-11

Suspended
    Creek makes some good gear.

Congrats, Reptkeu.
    That Accuphase model was my choice also. It's really great gear. I've never seen any Accuphase gear I didn't like a lot.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information