Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

The Battle at Hafler Ridge

If a bloody battle began between a Hafler DH-100 and a DH-101, which side would stand victorious?

Please have a look at this link and discuss...http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...p_all_working/

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Bump, for the evening crowd...

PC: You've already seen some of this.

I've owned both of those Haflers. The double row of switches on the DH-100 can break. Replacement parts are very scarce. I've heard DH-100's tricked out with audio grade caps and WBT connectors. They can sound very good. The construction quality isn't as good as the performance can be.
    The DH-101 is a stripped down DH-110. It has better metal work than the 100 a more modern design and slightly better performance. It's not as easy or as popular to modify. I keep a (stock) DH-110 in a closet as an emergency preamp.

If you feel like some DIY get the 100. If you want a decent, and reliable preamp get the 101. They both are worth considering. I'm a Hafler fan (of sorts). They were the Adcom of their time. BTW: The Hafler Pro amps with the "Trans Nova" design are very good amps. The "Trans Nova" circuit was invented/designed specifically for Acoustat speakers. This makes them especially good for transformer coupled (just about all ESL's) speakers
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information