Thread: Aragon anyone?

Aragon anyone?

Does anyone have any experience with Aragon stereo power amps? If so, please explain your thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Does anyone have any experience with Aragon stereo power amps? If so, please explain your thoughts...
    They make very nice amp. A guy I work with is driving some Apogee Slant 6's and it sounds wonderful. I believe they are owned by Klipsch now.

If this is for your PSB's I would stick with the Halo equipment your using. It really performs WAY past it's asking price. You could always shoot for the stars and look for some JC1 mono blocks on the used market. Those things are downright scary good to listen to.

Actually I am still in the process of saving up for the Classe monoblocks, which are a perfect match for the PSB's. It might take awhile before I have the money saved up to get the classe monoblocks, so I might have to make a midway upgrade and either get the Halo A21 or perhaps as you said...the Halo monoblocks. I am quite happy though with the HaloA23 in the meantime.

Classe in general

Actually I am still in the process of saving up for the Classe monoblocks, which are a perfect match for the PSB's. It might take awhile before I have the money saved up to get the classe monoblocks, so I might have to make a midway upgrade and either get the Halo A21 or perhaps as you said...the Halo monoblocks. I am quite happy though with the HaloA23 in the meantime.
    PS, are you talking new or used Classe? Just my observation based on reputation and adverised prices, but to me Classe -- even (or especailly?) the older stuff -- is 'way overpriced.

Mid-Fi
    A new friend of mine is a 2 channel guy. He bi-amps one 8008 and one 4004 to drive his Apogee Stage. He said Aragon amps are good. kind of warm sound. Run (classA running in low load)hotter than my Bryston 4B. I haven't got a chance to visit his home and audition yet.

I also heard Aragon is "poor people's Krell".

I wanted to get 2 of the CLASSE CA-M400's. They list for about $5,000 each, but I could probably get both for $7,000. The reason I love Classe is because that is the amp that I first heard my PSB's powered by and loved the combination of the two. Ever since then I have always wanted to get that combination and I am halfway there.

Thread Information