Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    For differnt wire length. Don't even worry about it. It does not make ANY differencewith your length.
    Try placing your speakers out far away from walls. Try as much as 1.5 meter from any wall, and if it bass sounds too reccessed, you should move them back towards walls a little by little, until you get balanced sound that YOU prefer.

JRA

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    For differnt wire length. Don't even worry about it. It does not make ANY differencewith your length.
    Try placing your speakers out far away from walls. Try as much as 1.5 meter from any wall, and if it bass sounds too reccessed, you should move them back towards walls a little by little, until you get balanced sound that YOU prefer.

JRA
    Thanks mate! Appreciate the advice very much... BTW I'm using Van Den Hul Goldwater speaker cables as mentioned earlier, do you or anyone else feel that there might be or definitey will be better cables for the price?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    I don't think your problem is that your amp lacks power, for a couple of reasons:

1) You are a running an efficient pair of speakers 90db with 60 watts of power in a small room (10x8)... with all those factors you should be able to give yourself permanent hearing loss with that setup...

2) Rotel amps (like NAD) are notoriously underated... In fact the amp you have was actually measured by HiFi Choice as putting out 92 watts per channel (a 50% increase of the 60 stated)... and the 1080 power amp, which is rated at 200 watts actually puts out closer to 350 according to the old Stereophile measurements....

3) If I read your earlier post correctly, you are unsatisfied with the sound when you have the volume set at about the 9 o'clock position... which means that you are unsatifisfied with the sound quality at low volumes (essentially when you're not really pushing the amp hard)...

IMVHO, I've found that most amps perform best somewhere in the middle of their power range... if you force them too hard they start to distort and clip, but if you don't push them enough they can sound weak and lazy... Frankly, I suspect your amp maybe too powerful for your setup and so you need to crank the volume up to get the best out of it....I had that problem in a room a bit larger than yours (12x9) with a Rotel 1080 amp... It sounded best when pushed well beyond 9 0'clock... best at about 11 O'clock (which was about the worst for my neighbours though)...
    solid advice,
    that is to say, my nad 3020 can drive the dynaudio focus 110 85db 4ohms in a 10'x15' room quite well!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hi,friends.
    I have new amplifier NAD C355BEE.Can you help me choose good floor speakers for it?And answer me,please, am I must to worry about chinese assembly of my amplifier.
    Thank you.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by poison777
    Hi,friends.
    I have new amplifier NAD C355BEE.Can you help me choose good floor speakers for it?And answer me,please, am I must to worry about chinese assembly of my amplifier.
    Thank you.
    Welcome to AR Poison! If you want to get the most responses to your question, then I'd suggest starting a new thread in the Speakers section called "Best Floorstanders for my NAD C355BEE" or something like that...

NAD works fine with a large number of different speakers... so you are best served by listening to a few brands and letting us know what you like, so we can come up with suggestions for you to try out....

Thank you,Ajani. I have not very large budget(600-650$).I saw Wharfedale 9.6, but have not a possibility to try them.What pair of Triangle or B&W you can recommend?
    Sorry for my bad English.
    And how about quality of assembly in China? I'm worrying about this.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by poison777
    And how about quality of assembly in China? I'm worrying about this.
    Thank you.

don't worry too much, the chinese are getting better, yes, the failure rate is slightly higher, but for most big brands (like NAD, rotel, marantz, ...) the quality control is OK...

for speakers, also look at Quad...

their L series (or the L2 series) should be a good match with NAD

as does the Monitor audio Bronze serie...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Suspended
    I agree that Chinese manufacturing isn't much to worry about any more. It does depend on the product but they make practically everything.

I'm not familiar with some of the speakers you are considering but B&W is usually a pretty good way to go. Also Paradigm makes good speakers in that entry level area. I like Dynaudio but I believe they are out of your price unless buying used. A lot of speakers do better bass but Acoustic Energy is also good for sound quality. Speakers will vary a lot in sound, if not able to audition, I would at least suggest buying from some one who offers a return policy. Many speakers also need some break in time, so don't judge too harshly until putting some hours on them.

Basite and Mr.Peabody-THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now I feel myself more better-listening good jazz - Medeski,Martin and Wood.After some time my NAD sounds even better.Thank you for all.
    Alex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information