Thread: amp connection

Forum Regular

amp connection

Hello to all i a have a question...i have a yamaha reciever and there is amp connection on the back..can i connect any kind of amp..i have this Onkyo integra M-504 that i would like to try..any advice...before doing so? actually here is what i am trying to do..i have a onkyo amp m-504 an preamp p304..and i have a yamaha reciever rxv 596 i would like to use my amp and preamp connected to the reciever? how would i do that...

Thanks
    Last edited by tbcyberzom; 12-28-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Suspended
    If your Yamaha has preamp output, connect that to the M504 input. The M504 is a dual mono design with about 155 wpc, nice amp.

Forum Regular
    Thanks....i will try it when i got home today...i like the sound of the 504 and p304 together
    my uncle just give it to me ..he never use it in 3 years or so.

Suspended
    I suspect the 504 will not sound as good with the Yamaha as it does with the P3. Are you using the Yamaha for home theater?

Forum Regular
    I got home last night and connect my amp to preamp of my yamaha rxv-659 and it work..but i like the amp and the p 304 preamp together because for me its sounds more stroger. yeah i am using my yamaha for my home theater 7.1 and i also connect my computer to my reciever to play my mp3s and i heard a humming noise as soon as i turn the reciever on and the computer i unplug the power cord of the computer and still have a humming noise even its running on battery i grounded the chassis of my reciever to the screw of my laptop and humming noise reduce to about 80 %...any suggestion what kind of speakers for stereo that i can match my onkyo m504 amp and p304 preamp.

thanks
    TERRY

Suspended
    You could almost use whatever speaker you wish. What is your budget and do you want floor or bookshelf, type of music?

I like Dynaudio but their entry bookshelf is around $700.00. Paradigm starts at a lower price point and is good value.

Forum Regular
    Thanks Mr peabody...i finally connected the amp the way i plan it to be...my reciever on my 7.1 sorrounds using the fiber optic cable and connect the audio source using regular cable for my 504 AND 304 i coonected it to dvd out or chance it to other like cd . for sterea listening.

Suspended
    I'm not sure what your question is. You can use any input on your Integra for stereo listening except "phono" that would be strictly for a turntable. If you are wondering which source for CD playback, DVD or CD, you'd have to try each to see which sounds the best to you.

Thread Information