Thread: denon avr 1804

AR Newbie Registered Member

denon avr 1804

...hi guys...I'm just ordering this new amplifier...do u know it? what can u tell me about it?
    txs

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by progster76
    ...hi guys...I'm just ordering this new amplifier...do u know it? what can u tell me about it?
    txs
    Aww, man, you should have come here first...now it's too late...hopefully there's a good return policy on the store you bought it from...Just kidding

IMO it's certainly near the top of receivers at that price. But without knowing your needs, wants, and budget first, it's hard to say if it's the right receiver for you. But buying a Denon is usually a safe bet when it comes to receivers.

Usually, it's highly recommended you demo several comparable models from competitors to familiarize yourself with what's being offered at what price, identify ALL of your needs, and then buy the unit that sounds best to you while satisfying the other two conditions.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did all that, in which case, I'm pretty confident you'll be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by progster76
    txs
    As Kexodusc said, if it has all the features you want (i.e. you don't want/need 7.1 audio, etc.) you should be quite happy with it. I've owned an 1802 for a few years and am very happy with it. The differences you'll hear in any receiver in this range is slight, but to me Denon's have a more pleasing sound. When I got it I was surprised by just how much better it sounded than the comparably rated Pioneer unit it replaced. I've also been impressed by how cool it runs. The heat sink is very large in mine and the receiver never even gets slightly warm, no matter how long I've left it running.

Thread Information