• 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
    ffactoryxx
    Vintage Pioneer gear recieved. How is this stuff?
    I was in my gf's basement the other day and her dad has all this old mint condition Pioneer 1970-80's Stereo Componants
    From what i can tell this stuff was prolly was all top end back in the day

She said i could have them all
    These things include, receiver, power amp, huge speakers, tape deck, record player, pioneer old school cans, this tape player side mout thing. Tons more to

Also im getting like 300 records with everything from old floyd to boston

Some of the model numbers were as followed. Any info on how this stuff is?
    Speakers - Pioneer SC-B9000D <---- MO INFO ANYWHERE! (these things are huge)
    Reciever/FM/AM - SX-424
    Amp - SX-1050
    Technics Record player
    Pioneer Reel to Reel
    Pioneer Tape Deck

So is this stuff worth anything? How is this receive and and speakers etc? All info on this old pioneer stuff would be great?

Big question! How does this stuff compare to todays recievers and speakers?
  • 08-23-2005, 06:56 AM
    Pyrrho
    It varies in value. Your best guide to such things is to see how well the items are selling on ebay and such places. "SX-1050", by the way, was the model number of a receiver, not an amplifier. It is a decent piece of equipment, rated for use with 4-ohm speakers, with a better tuner than one typically finds in equipment of today. Here are a couple of links to some information on it:

http://www.classicaudio.com/value/pio/SX1050.html

http://www.silverpioneer.netfirms.com/SX-1050.htm

Basically, you would have to buy something rather expensive to get something as good as it is for stereo.

Enjoy the equipment, you lucky dog!
  • 09-06-2005, 08:23 PM
    pelly3s
    if the reel to reel is an RT-707 or RT-909 then you have yourself a great peice of audio history, i have a 707 that i love dearly and i would never part with, i got it at a really good deal
  • 09-22-2005, 11:27 AM
    Tycobrahe
    Buried Treasure
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
    I was in my gf's basement the other day and her dad has all this old mint condition Pioneer 1970-80's Stereo Componants
    From what i can tell this stuff was prolly was all top end back in the day

She said i could have them all
    These things include, receiver, power amp, huge speakers, tape deck, record player, pioneer old school cans, this tape player side mout thing. Tons more to

Also im getting like 300 records with everything from old floyd to boston

Some of the model numbers were as followed. Any info on how this stuff is?
    Speakers - Pioneer SC-B9000D <---- MO INFO ANYWHERE! (these things are huge)
    Reciever/FM/AM - SX-424
    Amp - SX-1050
    Technics Record player
    Pioneer Reel to Reel
    Pioneer Tape Deck

So is this stuff worth anything? How is this receive and and speakers etc? All info on this old pioneer stuff would be great?

Big question! How does this stuff compare to todays recievers and speakers?

Most of today's receivers and speakers ARE NOT NEARLY AS GOOD as the "buried treasure" you've found. They just don't make 'em that way today, and if they did, no one could afford them! Most of this gear has discreet transistors, way better than the ICs in today's receivers, with multiple xstrs on one chip. Best of all, these are analog devices, which sound better to the trained ear than digital sources. Dust 'em off & listen for yourself. Note that the speakers may have to be re-coned, especially if they've been exposed to dampness over the years. High-quality speakers are usually worth re-coning, and most metropolitan areas have at least one shop that can do it right. Even JBL pro speakers use ferrous magnets nowadays instead of more-costly rare-earth metals, something their ads in the 70s said that they would never do.

Does your gf's dad know she's giving away his audio treasures? Better marry the girl first and then ask him.
  • 11-01-2005, 08:18 PM
    pete the bully
    The SX-1050 was the next-to-the-TOTL receiver in its' series. A very robust, fine sounding 120 wpc receiver.
    The speakers are probably not anything special.
    The reel-to-reel, as mentioned in another reply, may also be very choice.
    Great score!