Forum Regular

Help with my Onkyo turntable

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've been here. I've slowly built up a decent little sound system. I just added to my collection an Onkyo auto-return turntable from my dad. Problem is this piece that isn't connected obviously stops me from being able to properly lower and raise the arm. I can't figure out if i'm missing a piece, or if that white plastic tube isn't supposed to be there. Anyone know how this piece goes back in?

btw, if anyone knows about Presonus Fireboxes, let me know... I'm having trouble setting it as my default sound card.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    My best guess is the arm riser which is black and on it's side in the picture should be placed with the pin in the empty hole closest to the pivot point. The white tube should raise up and down to elevate the tonearm and the part in the hole must be a guide to keep it in position.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    that's exactly what it looks like, yes. except there's a screw on the point farthest away from the pivot, and that needs to screw into something to hold it in. as it is, it would screw right where the white tube is... but you can't screw it into that tube, it has no threads.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Have you checked the Vinyl Engine for a manual? It will have an exploder plus assembly info.

Forum Regular
    they don't have the manual for this model. i'm looking through the others to see if i can find anything useful, even a good picture... nothing so far.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Correct the arm riser should be placed on the white tube which does raise the tone arm. It goes in about the same direction as it is sitting now. By the way I have this same model I purchased off Ebay. i don't have a manual. He said it plays great but when I received it, all adjustments must be made. i am figuring some out but do not know how to adjust the weights. it is trying to sound like music but it is not what is on the record. any help.

Thread Information