Forum Regular

Acoustic Research

Not sure how vintage these are. From what I have found out they are from the mid 80's. They are Acoustic Research AR 94. I found these at the local Salvation Army for $45. They are in perfect working order. The grills show some wear, but are in very good condition. The removable solid oak on the tops are in excellent condition with a few minor nicks. Right now they are in my basement powered by a Pioneer VSX 604s, dolby pro logic receiver with some minor adjustments care of a Radio Shack 10 band EQ. I can post some better pictures if anyone is interested. The grill sock is also stapled at the top of the speaker, so for now I will not be exposing the drivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acoustic Research-ar94.jpg  

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Post more pics please. They look fine.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

excellent pair of speakers from AR's Teledyne years. here'a a nudie.

this page might be of interest to you, http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/a...ar-94/AR94.htm
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Thanks for the reference!

Quote Originally Posted by dingus
    this page might be of interest to you, http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/a...ar-94/AR94.htm
    I was very interested to see this site.

Back in the day, I owned AR-7's and subsequently AR-5's.

Audio Enthusiast
    I remember those when I was in school working for Pacific Stereo. We used to spend slow afternoons in the listening rooms auditioning our favorite records. Those 94s were in one of our listening rooms and were hooked up often.

Great find

Forum Regular
    Squeegy,

Do you remember the MSRP?

mustang;
    For questions about your vintage AR's you might want to check www.audiokarma.org . It's a site that specializes in older and/or vintage gear. They are kind of hung up on old Japanese receivers from the 70's and 80's but they have lots of threads concerning old AR's and other speakers.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    Not sure how vintage these are. From what I have found out they are from the mid 80's. They are Acoustic Research AR 94. I found these at the local Salvation Army for $45. They are in perfect working order. The grills show some wear, but are in very good condition. The removable solid oak on the tops are in excellent condition with a few minor nicks. Right now they are in my basement powered by a Pioneer VSX 604s, dolby pro logic receiver with some minor adjustments care of a Radio Shack 10 band EQ. I can post some better pictures if anyone is interested. The grill sock is also stapled at the top of the speaker, so for now I will not be exposing the drivers.
    Hey Mustang, don't know about the AR's but, Love the cars, I've got about 60 1/18th scales, just about the whole first series BBuragos, Erlt's, and some real rare gem's, 6 or 7 hundred Hot Wheels in the blister packs, Solidio's, Corgi's, even some 1/24 Russian stuff from a good friend!!

Peace Stuwee20

Thread Information