I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

JVC-X44 and Pioneer TX-5502

I am probably going to pick up the Yamaha RX-1100 tomorrow but in talking with my brother he mentioned he still has some of our Dad's older gear that her brought from overseas 30 years ago. I sirfed for info on the JVC and the Pioneer but have come up empty. Is it worth the trip up north to pick up these units?

Jvc

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    I am probably going to pick up the Yamaha RX-1100 tomorrow but in talking with my brother he mentioned he still has some of our Dad's older gear that her brought from overseas 30 years ago. I sirfed for info on the JVC and the Pioneer but have come up empty. Is it worth the trip up north to pick up these units?
    It's a bit hard to find info on JVC; their stuff was fairly popular but didn't joy the audiophile rep of some other brands. The Pioneer is a tuner from the "classic" era, but wasn't a higher-end model.

Assuming it looks and works well, I'd say go with the Yamaha.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Thanks Feanor!
    I will let you know about the Yamaha. The thrift shop was pretty crowded the other day and I did not want to draw attention by pulling it out and testing it while others were around. The Yamaha was on the top shelf and being 6'5" I was able to spot it underneath a few other units.

Thread Information