• 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
    s dog
    1 Attachment(s)
    Vintage Pic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2325fan
    lets post some pics of your current vintage set ups
    heres mine

The only vintage piece i have left is a kenwood 4400 receiver which i have hooked up to my PC system. The right channel wants to cut out now and then but it still sounds pretty good. I have it hooked up to a pair of JBL 610'S
  • 04-29-2007, 04:28 AM
    2325fan
    it wants to cut out??
    Quote:

Originally Posted by s dog
    The only vintage piece i have left is a kenwood 4400 receiver which i have hooked up to my PC system. The right channel wants to cut out now and then but it still sounds pretty good. I have it hooked up to a pair of JBL 610'S

try using some deoxint that should help it out, the 4400 is a nice sounding reciever btw.
  • 04-29-2007, 05:45 AM
    Feanor
    I love pictures!
    Quote:

heres mine

'Till about four years ago all my major componets were pre-1980, but those are all gone for better or worse.

Most of my older equipment today is really semi-vintage (post-1980), but serval pieces are over 20 years old.

My Technics SL-D2 turntable circa 1980 ...

http://ca.geocities.com/w_d_bailey/S...Jan-analog.jpg

My Sansui C-2101 preamp circa 1984 (for phono only), and my Technics SL-PS70 -- sorry, only 1991 ...
    http://ca.geocities.com/w_d_bailey/S...chnics-900.jpg

And my Denon TU-767 circa 1985 ...
    http://ca.geocities.com/w_d_bailey/Denon-TU767-900.jpg
  • 04-29-2007, 02:45 PM
    s dog
    Thanks
    Quote:

try using some deoxint that should help it out, the 4400 is a nice sounding reciever btw.

I will give it a try. I kinda like them yamaha speakers you got there.
  • 04-30-2007, 08:17 AM
    Resident Loser
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's...
    ...an old Polaroid...A Silveretone console with wire recorder...

jimHJJ(...a late April Fool's courtesy the Museum of Radio and Technology...)
  • 04-30-2007, 09:14 AM
    basite
    Quote:

heres mine

well hi again :)

only 2 receivers in your pics, where are the other 33??? :cornut::ihih:

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/...0/IMG_0237.jpg

the kenwood has left the system now, and went into a rotel box (It started to show signs of aging, and I didn't have the room anymore, so it's now waiting to be refurbished, and then maybe I'll give it to grandpa or so :) )
    anyways, the other things: the luxman tt is vintage, and the Advents are vintage too.
    the advent refoaming kit STILL hasn't arrived yet, I sent a mail to simplyspeakers last friday, but havn't received an answer yet, I hope it didn't get lost in the post...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
    PeruvianSkies
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...an old Polaroid...A Silveretone console with wire recorder...

jimHJJ(...a late April Fool's courtesy the Museum of Radio and Technology...)

What kind of power cord are they using on it???? lol
  • 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
    Resident Loser
    Perhaps...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    What kind of power cord are they using on it???? lol

...cloth-wrapped and asbestos insulated?

jimHJJ...(or something similar...)
  • 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Cool stuff. I think I'll post a pic of my SL-220 (1978?) after I get a new belt.

One advice to you 2325. Get rid of that $9.95 audiorack you purchased from Wal-Mart. I say this cuz I bought one last year when I was tweeking out on 3 cans of ROCKSTAR around 4 in da morning. It's not safe to have your gears on that POS. Your gears will come crushing down, and it's only a matter of time. Just trying to look out for a member with cool gears.

JRA
  • 05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
    basite
    actually, why did you buy the technics JRA??

and sorry for the weird choice of words, didn't knew it would mean that....:blush2:

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.

just don't leave it in your sig for too long :)
  • 05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    Why are you such a great person, JRA??

and sorry for the weird choice of words, didn't knew it would mean that....:blush2:

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.

it's the best sig I've seen in my life :)

That's easy, I do what I can.

$20 with a clean dustcover, No shipping to worry about, I was getting sick of not using my DL-110, ............and it's a turntable

If it absolutely sucks after installing a new belt, then I would just use it to clean my records with. I saw it as a win/win situation. Did I mention it's a turntable? :cornut:
  • 05-13-2007, 04:12 AM
    2325fan
    yamaha speakers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by s dog
    I will give it a try. I kinda like them yamaha speakers you got there.

thanks they sound decent for what i use em for :5:
  • 05-13-2007, 04:16 AM
    2325fan
    thanks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Cool stuff. I think I'll post a pic of my SL-220 (1978?) after I get a new belt.

One advice to you 2325. Get rid of that $9.95 audiorack you purchased from Wal-Mart. I say this cuz I bought one last year when I was tweeking out on 3 cans of ROCKSTAR around 4 in da morning. It's not safe to have your gears on that POS. Your gears will come crushing down, and it's only a matter of time. Just trying to look out for a member with cool gears.

JRA

i was using it till i found what i was looking for and now im styling!!!!!!!:idea:
  • 05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Glad to hear that.

We should never underestimate the benefits of rigid racks, especially for source players and tube gears.
  • 05-14-2007, 01:40 PM
    2325fan
    i know rite? ive been looking all over my area for one but none of the stores had a wooden rack wide or deep nough for my pioneer. then i just happened to look on cl one nite and there was my new rack that you see pictured!! solid oak not the cheap glued pressed crap either!!