AR Newbie Registered Member

My "new" old vintage aquirements! (Pics!)

I put this over in the General Forum but wanted comments from the knowledgeable vintage guys!

Been visiting the site for a while and enjoying the posts but never felt the need to weigh in on anything or post anything.

However, that has changed as I was given some very interesting equipments, almost all of it completely unused as I got it from a friend (audio apathy at its best) who was given it from a gentleman who owned an independent audio shop when there were indie stores. I want to know more info about the items and more info on how to enjoy them to their fullest. There's not enough unsuable information on them online. And if I couldn't use them properly, I would rather just give them back to the previous owner and let him put them back in storage!

The system I'm used to is my trusty and beloved Panasonic SC-HTS7S system which was a HTiB that panasonic put together from separates. I love it and want to maybe use these new old pieces with my old new pieces, if possible.

Anyway, I was given a Sony TA-E1000ESD, Realistic LAB-400 (used by friend a couple times in the late 80s and early 90s and has the original Shure cartidge!) and a pair of Pioneer CS-G101WA II. The receiever still has the 'New' sticker on it! I know you guys like pics and here they are:

Comments, advice or any feedback is much, much appreciated!

Gab
    Forum Regular
    lps always sounds good if the cartrige is new but the other gear ... try it in your system maybe there will be a good match ?

2 channel lover
    the only two things in these pics that are vintage?
    is the t.t. an the speakers.
    the receiver isnt vintage, vintage = 1979 an below is
    ie, s.s. an tubes digital isnt vintage

those pioneer speakers- arent the greatest but if thats all you have
    id use em till i found a decent set.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Old Lamps and new

Hello,

I would try out this equipment and see how it sounds.

Thread Information