Forum Regular

Check out a REAL Receiver

Epay has an auction going on a Sansui G-33000 with 300 real watts per channel. Lots of pictures and going for $2138 with 20 hr to go.

Link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Charlie

Forum Regular
    Very cool, here is another this one went at a good price last week A minty one
    went for $2200.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Linear Guy

beautiful but..

The gear is vintage and buff. But it seems expensive considering the possible risk of some sonic deterioration. Everything is engineered for a certain period of expected use.I wonder if these units are near their end. The potential for repair should be considered in purchasing something like this. I bought a Scott Tube receiver onE-bay. It costs 220.00. and probably around 600 more to have it re-tubed and re-capped. Money well spent but 2K for vintage solid state gear might not leavfe enough repair budget. , IMO. dk

Forum Regular
    Well 22 bids later and it went for $3151. No tubes to retube and caps are rather cheap but not everybodies got one or needs one? or wants one or can even lift one. To each his own, ePay is a sellers dream.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBee
    Epay has an auction going on a Sansui G-33000 with 300 real watts per channel. Lots of pictures and going for $2138 with 20 hr to go.
    Actually, it is a tuner/pre with a proprietary umbilical to the power amp section. Not sure I'd lock myself into such a combo.

To each his own.

rw

AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy help!!!!!!!!!Don't remember how to hook this stuff up

11/11/05 We were flooded out downstairs (main floor) back in May when a meter blew apart, we had to disconnect and move everything . Now I don't remember how to hook the stuff back up. Some of it is vintage : Pioneer SX 626 Reciever, Sansui RA 500 Reverb, Teac W-370C double cassette deck, some of it is more modern Radio Shack Linear Tracking turntable, RCA AccuSearch 4 head VCR, Apex AD-1225 DVD. I've had some of this stuff for 30 years, so I don't have the hook up manuals anymore, or can't find them. All this is hooked up to a RCA TV via dish network.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Cool

Those old HUGE recievers are great vintage gear. I was about 10 years old when those came out. At that time my way to tell a good tuner in the stores was how easy it was to spin the tuner dial. If you could give it a flick and it would go all the way across the dial, it was the best. I bet the 33000 and that Pioneer go all the way across with a easy spin.

Pat
    Forum Regular
    Great looking old pieces but seems a bit steep for something that OLD. Some people have the resources and the desire to invest in something like that. Wish I kept my old monster Kenwood or the smaller 30 watt Marantz!

Thread Information