• 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
    Endnotyet
    Laser Disc Player
    I have this Pioneer Laser Disc System

Pioneer Elite Reference LD Player LD-S2

Pioneer Elite Reference Stereo Power Amplifier M-91

Pioneer Elite Audio Video Reciever VSX-95

Plus over 600 Laser Disc's

Anyone have an Idea what something like this is worth?

Kevin
  • 10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Endnotyet
    I have this Pioneer Laser Disc System

Pioneer Elite Reference LD Player LD-S2

Pioneer Elite Reference Stereo Power Amplifier M-91

Pioneer Elite Audio Video Reciever VSX-95

Plus over 600 Laser Disc's

Anyone have an Idea what something like this is worth?

Kevin

Hard to say, depends on the condition of the equipment and depends on the Discs.
    Some are discs highly sought after.
    Here is a place you could place an make offer add:
    http://www.oz.net/blam/LaserDisc/Classified.htm
    You could try looking for your items on ebay to see how people are bidding ebay.
    I think this comnpany will buy the discs from you:
    http://www.laserlibrary.com/
    I have more Laser Disc websites that buy them if you like but the links are on my home computer and I would have to post them later.
  • 10-09-2005, 09:12 PM
    filecat13
    Ld
    That LD-S2 is a pretty old model that lacks most of the advancements that later high quality LD players had. Someone might want it as an oddity, but it's not highly sought after by serious LD collectors.

Your Elite amp is probably the most valuable piece and would sell well on eBay or AudiogoN or here on Audioreview.

Six hundred laser discs is a lot, but if most of them are the standard popular fare, they're not going to bring a lot of money. In lots that large, you'd be lucky to get $1 each, probably less. If you know what you've got, divide it into lots according to selective criteria and sell them in groups of 30-50 to make the most money. If you don't know what you've got, then it could be a serious amount of work to separate them. In that case, I guess you'll need to sell them to a buyer for 50 cents each and let him make $5 to $10 on the good ones and dump the rest (probably to another dealer).

Your location is important, too. If someone can do a local pick up, it's better than trying to ship. If you live away from a metropolitan area that has lots of LD fans, you're in a less attractive position.

You don't have a location showing, so it's hard to help you in that regard.