Thread: Kenwood KR-70

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Kenwood KR-70

Here are some pics of the receiver I picked up today. Can not find anything anywhere on it. My guess is it is late 60's-early 70's and is the successor to the Kenwood TK line. Probably about 20-30 wpc. Have it playing on my bench speakers at the moment and it cleaned up well.

AR Newbie Registered Member

My KR-77

I picked up a KR-77 Kenwood last week off of ebay that is supposed to arrive this week.. I Hope Intact without forklift tracks aross the box.. I got it for $9.99 plus $24.00 shipping.. Looking at the pics, mine looks a lot like yours and I can't find anything on it either.. I think they were made in about 67-69 . I have an earlier TK-140U that needs all four transistors and a capacitor. My cuz gave it to me a few years ago and I'm finally interested in fixing it..It looks a little like both yours and mine..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by countryslim
    I picked up a KR-77 Kenwood last week off of ebay that is supposed to arrive this week.. I Hope Intact without forklift tracks aross the box.. I got it for $9.99 plus $24.00 shipping.. Looking at the pics, mine looks a lot like yours and I can't find anything on it either.. I think they were made in about 67-69 . I have an earlier TK-140U that needs all four transistors and a capacitor. My cuz gave it to me a few years ago and I'm finally interested in fixing it..It looks a little like both yours and mine..
    country

Thanks for sharing. I hope you are enjoying yours and if you find out any more info please share. I took mine to the office where it will actually be replacing a TK-140 that I may have a buyer for who loves Kenwood from this era.

Going Nowhere too Fast Charlie04SiR's Avatar
    sweet looking Kenny, Kid! Are those tubes in it that I see???if so, then it pre-dates your estimate, being from late 50's to early 60's.
    If everybody had everything they wanted, the world would be a pretty boring place :)

That was my first thought as well but when I plug it in I do not see them glow. They do appear to be glass and there is 4 of them but so far they are a complete mystery. I own a TK-140 and until recently owned a TK-250 and from the outside they both resemble this unit but neither of them had these "tubes". I have not been able to find anything on the internet about this piece so it seems it is kind of rare though by no means high end even for its era.

Thread Information