AR Newbie Registered Member

nakamichi av-1 troubleshooting

hello

i got nakamichi av-1 and have enjoyed it for a very long time. just recently tho ive noticed a static noise like the radio station is not tuned in, it only comes thro my front right speaker. i consulted a friend and he said to clean the amp, so i did with a can of compressed air.i took the volume nob off and sprayed in there to, but to no avail, the dirty static nosie still there ne suggestions??
    so to quik fix i hooked my front right speaker to the left second channel, but now i cant turn volume past a quarter and either the amp or speaker clips. i recently bought a pair of energy c-500 front speakers 100w sensitivity 94db are these speakers sufficient for this amp??
    1 more question this amp has a delay effect it goes from 10-250 i cant seem to turn it off ive left it on the lowest setting of 10 but still u can hear the effect. is there ne way to turn this effect off? i cant seem to find the off button for it
    Last edited by wattzup; 06-13-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wattzup
    ... i hooked my front right speaker to the left second channel, but now i cant turn volume past a quarter and either the amp or speaker clips.
    so you have both speakers hooked to the left side of the amp, one on A channel and one on B?
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    hi agin
    yes i got both speakers hooked to left side channel A and B

Thread Information