Forum Regular

Smile INFO on AR Turntable

I have a 35 year old all manual AR turntable which I purchased while in college.

I have been listening to CD's for years and I never use the AR. Its in excellent shape.

Is there any market for it on ebay - or should I keep it - does it compare sonically with new equipt. or is it a museum piece ?

Thanks for your input !

Russ DeJulio
    Pittsburgh,PA
    RUSSM535IL@AOL.COM

Current system Cambridge integrated amp 640A v2 , NAD CD player C525 BEE and Dahlquist monitor speakers ( purchased in 1991 - great speakers ! )

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by russm535il
    I have a 35 year old all manual AR turntable which I purchased while in college.

I have been listening to CD's for years and I never use the AR. Its in excellent shape.

Is there any market for it on ebay - or should I keep it - does it compare sonically with new equipt. or is it a museum piece ?

Thanks for your input !

Russ DeJulio
    Pittsburgh,PA
    RUSSM535IL@AOL.COM

Current system Cambridge integrated amp 640A v2 , NAD CD player C525 BEE and Dahlquist monitor speakers ( purchased in 1991 - great speakers ! )

Russ is your ttable one of the original with the S shaped tonearm? AR reintroduced a turntable based on the original that was prettier and had a straight tonearm. Both are sought by collectors and there is a site for AR tables. If you are not going to use it I am sure it would be of interest to someone.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    John

Thanks for the information !

Do you have the address for the AR site ? I would like to find out more about the unit -

It has a straight tone arm with a brass weight on the end. I also have the original plastic set of weights to measure the weight of the stylis on the record. I need to order a new rubber pully to connect the turntable with the motor . Regards, Russ DeJulio

Thread Information