AR Newbie Registered Member

Fisher 3500 MusiCenter Series... Serial number 1.

I just bought a Fisher 3500 MusiCenter Series. It's looks to be a solid state AM/FM Receiver/8Track Player/Amplifier. A friend of mine said it's from the 70's. Anyways, the big deal is that I noticed after buying it that the serial # is 00001. This blew my mind, and I'm looking for more info. How much are these worth regular? Is it worth more because the SN? Thanks, and I look forward to being a productive member of your forum. (I'm newly an audio enthusiast)

First of all, welcome to AR.

All in one systems like you just purchased are not the kind of device most posters here have a lot of experience with. They are not lusted after by the vintage crowd. I don't know how much you paid. I hope it wasn't a lot. The serial number is really a non issue.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

This is the first fisher I've heard of that had a built-in 8-track. Methinks it's from the eighties (or late seventies) and well past that company's heyday. I wouldn't expect too much financial return unless someone falls for the brand, thinking the unit was from the era long before it was made, when it was a great company.
    Last edited by markw; 05-20-2010 at 01:38 PM.

I didn't pay a lot. I paid $15 for it. A friend of mine that works at an antique store had someone buy something similar while back for a good deal more than that. But I understand what you're saying with the all-in one thing. When you look at this thing, it's not a big cheapo plastic all in one unit. It's made extremely nice-like, not sure if that really matters. Maybe I should get a picture for you guys.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10550405...65478424762338
    that is a link to the pic i have of it.

Welcome, I hate to say this but I think you paid about $15 too much. I hope you kept your 8-track tapes.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Thread Information