AR Newbie Registered Member

bose 901 series direct/reflective loudspeaker

hi, i recently aquired a pair of boe 901 series w/ a 901 equalizer. i hooked the e.q. like i was told and it doesn't make a difference whether it's on or off. i was hoping there might be some kind of elder or one who was told stories or might have even read pictures off a cave wall somewhere about these 901 series. from what i've been told these were put out back in the early 70's, but i'm not sure.

one more item, i picked up a set of speakers a couple months ago but have had little luck finding out much about them other than they do exist. they were put out by Rectalinier research corp. i'm sure i spelt it wrong but damn those things rock.

thank you for any input. Jon

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by y13supio
    hi, i recently aquired a pair of boe 901 series w/ a 901 equalizer. i hooked the e.q. like i was told and it doesn't make a difference whether it's on or off. i was hoping there might be some kind of elder or one who was told stories or might have even read pictures off a cave wall somewhere about these 901 series. from what i've been told these were put out back in the early 70's, but i'm not sure.

one more item, i picked up a set of speakers a couple months ago but have had little luck finding out much about them other than they do exist. they were put out by Rectalinier research corp. i'm sure i spelt it wrong but damn those things rock.

thank you for any input. Jon

Jon welcome to AudioReview. When you hook up the Bose EQ it will depend if you are using a receiver/integrated amp or seperate preamp/power amp. If you are using a receiver you will need to use a tape loop. The record out will feed the eq in and the eq out will go back to record in. If you have a pre/power combo then from preamp out to the eq in and eq out to the power amp. Of course you could also use a tape loop on the preamp if available. If you use the tape loop the monitor button on the receiver would need to be pressed on so the signal will pass through the eq. You would select your source such as cd and then press the monitor button. If you have two tape loops but only one allows you to monitor such as when making a recording this is the loop you will need to use. I hope this helps.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Jon welcome to AudioReview. When you hook up the Bose EQ it will depend if you are using a receiver/integrated amp or seperate preamp/power amp. If you are using a receiver you will need to use a tape loop. The record out will feed the eq in and the eq out will go back to record in. If you have a pre/power combo then from preamp out to the eq in and eq out to the power amp. Of course you could also use a tape loop on the preamp if available. If you use the tape loop the monitor button on the receiver would need to be pressed on so the signal will pass through the eq. You would select your source such as cd and then press the monitor button. If you have two tape loops but only one allows you to monitor such as when making a recording this is the loop you will need to use. I hope this helps.
    OK, I'm dizzy now.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    OK, I'm dizzy now.

Spin in the opposite direction. That should help.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Spin in the opposite direction. That should help.
    Spin? Don't you mean, loop?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Spin? Don't you mean, loop?

Spin, loop as long as you do not skip.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

nice find on the Rectilinears. there are a few reviews here on AR, http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...3_1594crx.aspx, for the Rectilinear III's. they are pretty rare these days and by all accounts are a fine speaker.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Thread Information