bose 360

Printable View

• 02-18-2007, 02:32 PM
    cj48
    bose 360
    hello. I recently got a Bose 360 receiver and have been trying to find information on the web about it in general,but no avail. :idea: so I came here
  • 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM
    markw
    can you post a picture?
    I've never heard of or seen one. In fact, I can't even find any reference to it in google.
  • 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
    JohnMichael
    There have been a few Bose receivers and I will tell you what I know. Years ago Bose sold a system composed of Bose 301 speakers, turntable made by Kenwood and a receiver. This was back in the days when the 301's still had the adjustable panel to direct the amount of reflected/direct sound. Bose later released two receivers to be used with the 901 series 4. The 901's at the time had three connections instead of the usual two. That series of Bose and the receiver could broaden or narrow the sound by adjusting output of the outer or inner 4 drivers. This was only useable with the Bose receiver and there was a sliding control to narrow or widen the soundfield.

The older receiver in the 301 package looked like most receivers of that generation. The receivers for the 901's were all wood grain with most controls hidden behind panels. The receiver for the 901's will also have the three speaker connections on the back for each channel. Also you could use 901's and another pair of speakers and only the 901's would be equalized.

As I remember more I will post. When I sold Bose the rep would never reveal who made the receivers for Bose. I wondered if the early receiver was a Kenwood since the turntable was made by them.
  • 02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
    cj48
    1 Attachment(s)
    thank you for the replies :)
    this is a photo from ebay i found, i will try and do a picture here that is a lot clearer than whoever took this one.
    yes, I searched google for days and nothing.
    the only place to hook up speakers is the OLD plug in port.....i guess unless i find that style speakers around somewhere i will just have to continue listening with my headphones.
  • 02-20-2007, 08:33 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cj48
    thank you for the replies :)
    this is a photo from ebay i found, i will try and do a picture here that is a lot clearer than whoever took this one.
    yes, I searched google for days and nothing.
    the only place to hook up speakers is the OLD plug in port.....i guess unless i find that style speakers around somewhere i will just have to continue listening with my headphones.

That looks like the receiver in the 301 package. I do not remember the speaker connections on the back. If you could take a picture maybe we could give some advice on how to hook up speaker wires.
  • 02-20-2007, 08:56 AM
    markw
    thanks for the pic.
    I've never seen (or even heard of) one before. I learn something almost every day.

One thing about Bose that I see, even to this day, aside from their "main line stereo" speakers, is thatyhey are very fond or propriatary connections which serve to make their system comoponents hot relate well to other manufacturer's systems. From the description of your problem, this seems to be the case here.

Where virtually every other manufacturer relies on standardized connectors (RCA plugs, standard speaker wire, etc...), Bose goes out of their way to make it difficult to find replacement parts or even use their "system components" with anything else.

That, in my opinion, is what I hold most against Bose. Their insane system pricing is secondary.

Like GM said, perhaps if youi provide a closeup of the speaker connector, maybe a solution can be found.
  • 03-07-2016, 04:21 PM
    gary7
    To update this tread. HiFiengine.com has a copy of the manual on their web site. The receiver and speakers had standard RCA female jacks so that is not a problem. I have the entire system set. While the receiver is nothing fantastic, it does not sound too bad. The TT is general quality of the 70's table, so not bad at all. The speakers had to be re-foamed and high resistors had to be replaced.

Bose 360 Manual - Direct Reflecting Music System - HiFi Engine