For you pixelthis

Printable View

• 01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
    markw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    LOL.

Who's Melvin?

Melvin Walker is a "newbie" who comes to us after being cryogenically frozen since 1962. Even though he's only participated in only three threads, he's made quite an impression on all of us.

Here they are. Get some coffee before starting in here.

this is his first apperance where he makes a totally inane and rambling "proclimation" as to how far OP's speakers should be placed. It gets really good when people ask him how he arrived at this figure: http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/please-help-25434.html

He does like to talk about cars, shoes, watches and suits. bur complains when anyone else deviated from the subject of audio.

He throws in some intersting stuff, but it's all boiler-plate to avoid answering any questions as you will soon see. Also, it's all available on the internet if you know the right sources. some of us do.

In this, his second post, he really lets on that he's got no use for anything that happened since 1960 or so: http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/what-like-25460.html

In his third and, hopefully, final post, his true feelings come into the open. He lost hope in audio once it became available to the great unwashed. I think this is where he compares James Taylor to Nazis: http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/has-changes-popular-music-has-effect-how-we-buy-audio-equipment-today-25660.html

By now, he's managed to insult almost everyone on the site in one way or another.

Is he gone? Who knows?
  • 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

LOL.

Who's Melvin?

FA, I am going to put this like my God-mother would.

Chile, you don't wanna know. That man swallowed the sixties and threw it up in 2008. Some chunks still whole!

Now if you really want to see pizza being thrown back and forth, the news section is the bomb!!!
  • 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM
    Mr Peabody
    It's like grade school again, mention fight and EVERYONE comes. :)

"cryogenically frozen" LOL! accurate though.
  • 01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
    I personally think that pixel and nightliar are brothers. But that's just me.
  • 01-25-2008, 06:18 AM
    Ajani
    Man, where's the action??? The closest we've come to fight in here was one of my comments... :( which is really kinda sad...

Now if you guys want a real fight... check out this thread over some Maggies/Amps...

http://forums.audioreview.com/speakers/upgrading-magnepans-25740.html
  • 01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
    GMichael
    I knew sparks would fly the moment I saw that guy tell Flo that Krell is a mid-fi amp company.
    Anyone who knows Flo could see the writing on that wall.
  • 01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    FA, I am going to put this like my God-mother would.

Chile, you don't wanna know. That man swallowed the sixties and threw it up in 2008. Some chunks still whole!

Now if you really want to see pizza being thrown back and forth, the news section is the bomb!!!

I tried to read the Melvin posts. He bored me.
  • 01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    now that's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think PS was shown the door when it turned out he was a reincarnation of a known plagerist and a serial troll who has posted here under several monikers over the past few years. ...but several members are familiar with his modus operandi (sp?) and syntax.

Then it's only a matter of time before he's shown the door ...again. he's easily identified.

Really? P-Skies was a troll? I know that he had some strange opinions sometimes and he could be mildly offensive, but I didn't think that he was that bad.
  • 01-26-2008, 06:28 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Really? P-Skies was a troll? I know that he had some strange opinions sometimes and he could be mildly offensive, but I didn't think that he was that bad.

I don't think he was that bad either.... from what I remember, he was mainly just in love with PSB speakers and products that are great value for money.... Yeah he was a tad aggressive in his defense of his views but I could respect his opinions (I think)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    now that's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think PS was shown the door when it turned out he was a reincarnation of a known plagerist and a serial troll who has posted here under several monikers over the past few years. ...but several members are familiar with his modus operandi (sp?) and syntax.

Then it's only a matter of time before he's shown the door ...again. he's easily identified.

Was he a Troll because he used several monikers or because he made offensive posts? Is switching monikers wrong? I've done it 3 (sort of 4) times in the 8 years I've been on and off this site....
  • 01-26-2008, 06:31 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani
    I don't think he was that bad either.... from what I remember, he was mainly just in love with PSB speakers and products that are great value for money.... Yeah he was a tad aggressive in his defense of his views but I could respect his opinions (I think)...

Was he a Troll because he used several monikers or because he made offensive posts? Is switching monikers wrong? I've done it 3 (sort of 4) times in the 8 years I've been on and off this site....

Evidently, he did it three or four times in eight minutes, having conversations with himself and provoking others.
  • 01-26-2008, 06:57 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Evidently, he did it three or four times in eight minutes, having conversations with himself and provoking others.

Ok... that really sounds like trolling then.... Thanx for the info....
  • 01-26-2008, 07:14 AM
    L.J.
    PSkies was never banned.....but he was suspended for a couple of days. We all knew what he was doing with his multiple screen names, but once it was confirmed.....he left on his own.
  • 01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
    Mr Peabody
    How do some of you know about the events with PS and not others of us? I found this quite enlightening as I fell into the camp that thought he crossed the line some but not nearly as irritating as Pix. I don't mind Pix or anyone having opposing views but when you are plain wrong, and it's been proven beyond a doubt you are wrong yet you stick to your incorrect view, then you have a serious issue. That attitude voids the purpose of being here. I've been wrong on things before and admit I usually require proof before I will change my mind, after all I'm in the "Show Me" state, but when shown I'm wrong I change my view. I remember a couple years ago being in a debate on rear surround speakers, I followed what I saw in high end stores and had been told, that the rears should point at the listening position. This I believe is becoming more accepted. At the time though Dolby's website sure enough showed diagrams backing the other guys position that the rears should fire at one another, even in a DD set up, so I had no choice but to fall in line. It was humbling because the person was a lot younger than me. I played around with my owned speakers and I actually left them firing at each other because it did seem to be the best sound effect. I recently switched them back to pointing at my listening seat for a while. Any way, let's not digress.
  • 01-26-2008, 08:18 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    How do some of you know about the events with PS and not others of us? I found this quite enlightening as I fell into the camp that thought he crossed the line some but not nearly as irritating as Pix. I don't mind Pix or anyone having opposing views but when you are plain wrong, and it's been proven beyond a doubt you are wrong yet you stick to your incorrect view, then you have a serious issue. That attitude voids the purpose of being here. I've been wrong on things before and admit I usually require proof before I will change my mind, after all I'm in the "Show Me" state, but when shown I'm wrong I change my view. I remember a couple years ago being in a debate on rear surround speakers, I followed what I saw in high end stores and had been told, that the rears should point at the listening position. This I believe is becoming more accepted. At the time though Dolby's website sure enough showed diagrams backing the other guys position that the rears should fire at one another, even in a DD set up, so I had no choice but to fall in line. It was humbling because the person was a lot younger than me. I played around with my owned speakers and I actually left them firing at each other because it did seem to be the best sound effect. I recently switched them back to pointing at my listening seat for a while. Any way, let's not digress.

First I'll admit that I haven't had any negative interaction with Pixel (that I can remember anyway).... but I'm not sure whether being irritating and obstinate is really that big of a deal... I don't think there is anyone more irritating and obstinate on this site than SpankingVanillaIce but most people just laugh off his comments and move on....

Now if the arguement is that Pixel is rude (which Spanky definitely is not) then I would argue that there are many rude posters on this site as well.... I haven't peeked into the cables forum in 8 years because of the type of flame wars that used to inhabit those threads... then the format wars (SACD v DVD-A were pretty heated) and now this Blu Ray HD-DVD stuff is pretty heated and seems to be where most of the fights with Pixel are coming from...
  • 01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Ajani, I have issues with pixelthis. Maybe you and others haven't been paying attention, but I'm sick a tired of being dogged by him, and I'm sick and tired of the constant insults he hurls at my employer. I didn't start this thread because I wanted anyone's opinion of him. Again, to everyone here who's filling this thread up with discussion, please start a new one.
  • 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
    audio amateur
    Quote:

Man, where's the action??? The closest we've come to fight in here was one of my comments... :( which is really kinda sad...

Now if you guys want a real fight... check out this thread over some Maggies/Amps...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25740

I don't see how that thread is anymore of a fight than this one is
  • 01-27-2008, 11:57 AM
    Quote:

First I'll admit that I haven't had any negative interaction with Pixel (that I can remember anyway).... but I'm not sure whether being irritating and obstinate is really that big of a deal... I don't think there is anyone more irritating and obstinate on this site than SpankingVanillaIce but most people just laugh off his comments and move on....

Maybe he didn't try to pass himself off as being overly serious. I didn't take him seriously, that is why it was easy to just laugh him off.

Quote:

Now if the arguement is that Pixel is rude (which Spanky definitely is not) then I would argue that there are many rude posters on this site as well.... I haven't peeked into the cables forum in 8 years because of the type of flame wars that used to inhabit those threads... then the format wars (SACD v DVD-A were pretty heated) and now this Blu Ray HD-DVD stuff is pretty heated and seems to be where most of the fights with Pixel are coming from...
    I have no problem with Pixel opinions. That is why we are here. Pixel however is so uniformed in so many areas, and has a mouth as big as all outdoors. That is not particularly helpful when people come here looking for accurate information. Every week my company get sales information from all over the world via NDP. It is the largest, most accurate compulation of CE statistic in the business. I see what sells, whats not, consumer buying habits weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I know which bluray and HD DVD players are selling, which are not. I know how much downloading(and VOD) of movies, who has the most business, and how its been doing since inception. I know which bluray and HD DVD disc titles are selling by the week, and week over week volume.

I have worked in the Hollywood film machine for all of my life. I have contacts in high places from every studio in hollywood because I went to USC film school where a good majority of them graduated. I know who is dealing, who is suffering, generally know who is on the ropes employement wise amoung the studio heads, I get loads of information that has proven accurate time and time again.

Armed with this, and seeing the points that Pixel brain argues over flatlining in graphs over three years, and seeing the points he argues against in a steady climb, I get irritated that a person WANTS to be this ignorant.
  • 11-07-2008, 01:51 AM
    Florian
    You guys need to take a lesson on my rant of the week posts! ;-)
  • 11-07-2008, 04:29 AM
    Feanor
    Me neither
    Quote:

Mildly offensive if you're inclined to take offense. I find his insults amusing not because they're accurate, (rarely), but because they're surreal, (often). I just don't take what he says very seriously, although I'm able to acknowledge that occassionally he makes a valid point.

Then again I haven't really been the butt of Pix's attacks. Is this good luck or good planning? One or two people have attempted to insult me, (for example, Rich -- not that I haven't offered certain provocations), but I'm not inclided to persue potentially nasty exchanges. Perhaps that's because I am, at once, both humble and thick-skinned.
  • 11-07-2008, 05:03 AM
    kexodusc
    Holy thread resurrection, Batman!
  • 11-07-2008, 05:38 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I'm in a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different frame of mind with pixie these days. It's like calluses have grown around my brain.

(Truthfully though, bringing up this thread is not cool.)
  • 11-07-2008, 06:41 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian
    You guys need to take a lesson on my rant of the week posts! ;-)

When do classes begin? Will there be smoke breaks?
  • 11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
    Auricauricle
    God, I turn around for one second and you go at it like a coupla cats fighting over a litter box! What's wid all the fussin' an' fightin'??
  • 11-07-2008, 07:30 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    God, I turn around for one second and you go at it like a coupla cats fighting over a litter box! What's wid all the fussin' an' fightin'??

Psst... Come down here buddy.

You may want to check the dates on some of the earlier posts.

Rich, maybe you'd want to close your thread. I don't know how to do it, but I've read that an OP can do that.
  • 11-07-2008, 07:48 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I already tried. Can't close it now.

(Hope it doesn't soil my rep)