• 02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
    markw
    YA just gotta love this place.
    I just found this in my "unread visitor" page.

    "Dear Mikehaf,
    I just read a 2006 request by you for help with an NAD unit from forum members at audioreview.com. I was enraged by the snobbery & offense contained in responses by a member with the moniker "markw".
    People like "markw" are malicious cowards who thrive on the internet where they can freely make antagonistic remarks, which they probably wouldn't say to someone in person because they might just get punched in the nose (I'm not a violent person, but if this "markw" got punched in the nose after being that rude and arrogant to someone, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it).
    Incidentally, while putting you down, markw corrected your diction and told you that "squelch" means "to silence". However, his definition does not appear in any of my physics texts nor the Oxford English Dictionary."

    2006? visitor? Probably one of the regular posters hiding behind a mask.

    Yeah, this place sure attracts them, doesn't it? Between the two canadians who get off constantly making fun of people who believe in religion to bolster their own feelings of inadequacy and now this chicken **** loser who doesn't even have the balls to register, this place sure has gone downhill in the past few years.

    As for you, my anonymous detractor, I implore you to gleefully impreganate yourself.
  • 02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Well, you are an Elitist Jerk. :lol: aren'tcha?
  • 02-11-2012, 03:50 PM
    JohnMichael
    You should be honored you made quite a first impression. His only contribution as a member was that message to you. He never posted anything else. He was not a regular hiding behind a different screen name.

    Oh hell I better check my profile and see what has been left for me.
  • 02-11-2012, 03:52 PM
    markw
    You betcha!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues View Post
    Well, you are an Elitist Jerk. :lol: aren'tcha?

    And damn proud of it!!!

    As for his not understanding the meaning of the word "squelch" in electronics, and many other circles, he's probably familiar with all definitions aside from number 2 here since he's mentioned in the first one and, from his post, was obviously quite aroused.
  • 02-11-2012, 05:25 PM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by markw View Post
    And damn proud of it!!!

    As for his not understanding the meaning of the word "squelch" in electronics, and many other circles, he's probably familiar with all definitions aside from number 2 here since he's mentioned in the first one and, from his post, was obviously quite aroused.

    Did we really need the first definition??? :sosp: :lol:
  • 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
    markw
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues View Post
    Did we really need the first definition??? :sosp: :lol:

    Hey, he brought up on-line dictionaries, not me. I just wanted to see what else was out there.
  • 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
    RGA
    1 Attachment(s)
    [QUOTE=markw;376960
    Yeah, this place sure attracts them, doesn't it? Between the two canadians who get off constantly making fun of people who believe in religion to bolster their own feelings of inadequacy and now this chicken **** loser who doesn't even have the balls to register, this place sure has gone downhill in the past few years.

    As for you, my anonymous detractor, I implore you to gleefully impreganate yourself.[/QUOTE]

    As one of the Canadians - no I attack religions because my fellow man get blown up in buildings because of them - and other friends get beaten to within an inch of their lives because they're gay.

    Religion teaches and breeds intolerance - and if you can't get that calling a gay person a sinner - is intolerant then I can't help you. Of course in your world view - Christians are being persecuted merely because non religious people question and verbally ridicule it - yes verbal ridicule is the same as bating Gays with baseball bats. Oh wait - if you call them sinners - it helps to devalue them - to make them non persons incapable of emotion and feeling. The Nazis did the same thing to the Jews by calling them rats and vermin - The religious terrorists do it by calling others Infidels and

    The average Christian is probably fine but these are the Christians and Religious types I worry about - and it should worry you because they've got the SAME book you read and they read it that way. Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail - YouTube
  • 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
    markw
    Bull****
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    As one of the Canadians - no I attack religions because my fellow man get blown up in buildings because of them - and other friends get beaten to within an inch of their lives because they're gay.

    Religion teaches and breeds intolerance - and if you can't get that calling a gay person a sinner - is intolerant then I can't help you. Of course in your world view - Christians are being persecuted merely because non religious people question and verbally ridicule it - yes verbal ridicule is the same as bating Gays with baseball bats. Oh wait - if you call them sinners - it helps to devalue them - to make them non persons incapable of emotion and feeling. The Nazis did the same thing to the Jews by calling them rats and vermin - The religious terrorists do it by calling others Infidels and

    The average Christian is probably fine but these are the Christians and Religious types I worry about - and it should worry you because they've got the SAME book you read and they read it that way. Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail - YouTube

    You and your fellow canadian buddy do it to feel superior to believers. Anything else you say is just smoke and mirrors.

    How many of the "dangerous" religious types hang out here? How many have you ever encountered?

    If you two didn't have such a need to drag others down to where you feel superior, well, that's not gonna happen. The fact that you two just love to banter back and forth about how stupid and inferior believers are share such a common heritage does make some wonder.

    Oh, yeah, you aren't canadian anymore, are you? You proudly wave your Chinese identity card to prove that. Oh, wait, you're not Chinese, either. Boy, you do have serious self-identity problems, don't you?

    But, don't worry, I don't think all Canadians are like you. I know better. I've met many, many decent ones, and believers, too. It's just mainly you two here, and perhaps one other, who doesn't have the balls (literally) to come out and say it.

    Face it, you are to religion what Westboro Baptist, (acknowledged a-holes, even by all other religious groups) is to gays except they don't just beyotch about on websites where it's not even the subject of it's existence. You're just a coupla pussies.

    Now, if you had real balls, you would take your dog and pony act to some website where religion IS a main matter of discussion But that would take real men, wouldn't it?

    You don't see people starting threads pushing religion here, do you? Yet you both seem to rejoyce in trashing it. ...and then you two like to gleefully bounce it back and forth between you even if nobody else participates.

    But no. Just venting here where most don't give a shiite who believes what just creams your jeans and you go on smugly living another day feeling all the better for it. Spewing hatred is cathartic, isn't it?

    Now, when it gets to the point that someone starts spewing PRO religious stuff out of the blue on this site I just might change my mind but, as it stands, it''s just you two a-holes that keep starting the "look at the stupid believers" threads or sway existing threads towards bashing it. So, stop being a-holes and maybe my attitude might change but, frankly, I don't think either of you have it in you to let it alone.
  • 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by markw View Post
    You and your butt buddy do it to feel superior to believers. Anything else you say is just smoke and mirrors.



    Let us be civil and not use derogatory terms.
  • 02-11-2012, 08:04 PM
    markw
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Let us be civil and not use derogatory terms.

    Sorry. Bad choice of word here. Will correct.
  • 02-12-2012, 06:14 AM
    RGA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Sorry. Bad choice of word here. Will correct.

    You started this thread and attacked me and Feanor - post your threads and leave me out of it and you won't get a reply from me. Fair enough?

    And if you see a thread in the Off Topic forum posted by me - then don't open it. In fact - it would probably serve your stress level to simply ignore any thread I make - and any post I make - most forums have an ignore button so my posts will not show up.

    Now you have a solution to your problem.
  • 02-12-2012, 06:58 AM
    markw
    I'm here. Deal with it.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    You started this thread and attacked me and Feanor - post your threads and leave me out of it and you won't get a reply from me. Fair enough?

    And if you see a thread in the Off Topic forum posted by me - then don't open it. In fact - it would probably serve your stress level to simply ignore any thread I make - and any post I make - most forums have an ignore button so my posts will not show up.

    Now you have a solution to your problem.

    If you must insist on berating others simply to massage your fragile egos, then be prepared to take what I'll be dishing out.

    My stress level can take it. Can yours? After all, of all the people in this forum, only the two of you make a hobby out of bashing religion and/or the US on a regular basis. You both even start your own threads! ...even when nobody else participates. It's just you two happily swapping digs on others back and forth. How creepy is that???

    ..and the fact that you're both canadian makes it all the stranger. There's not a whole lot of them here, at least that brag about it, and as far as I can see, you make up a goodly percentage of that countries contributions here.. How can one not come to some conclusions?

    Noy, you have to admit, that's pretty nice for an American based forum to open itself up so a coupla hate-filled, jealous hosers can come in here to vent their hatred, jealousy, and angst so they can have a temporary feeling of superiority, don't you? ..but you two just go over the line.

    I don't know if it's the fact that if, as you so aptly put it in another thread, living your lives as a yapping poodle standing in the shadow of a big, brawney, growling rottweiler has finally caused you two to crack up, but I really don't care.

    If, at some time in your pasts, some American kicked sand in your faces in Wildwood, I dont care. Get over it.

    IF some evangelists insulted you by handing you a tract, I don't care. That's the world.

    You're big boys now. Grow up and face the facts.

    You are what you are. We all are. Deal with it. Everyone else has.

    Quitcher *****ing and don't get yer jollies by putting others down.

    So, until larer, cya.

    Oh, you CAN hit the igore button for me but, then again, you'll never know what I'm saying to/about you, will ya? ;)
  • 02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Steel caged again...go at it if you must.
  • 02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
    RGA
    Mark

    I'd reply but your posts illustrate my points on the typical loving and tolerant Christians quite nicely.
  • 02-13-2012, 04:36 AM
    markw
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Mark

    I'd reply but your posts illustrate my points on the typical loving and tolerant Christians quite nicely.

    You seem to attribute your own interpertations as it suits you.

    Remember that tolerance when you go off on another vitrolic rampage. Tolerance doesn't necessiarially mean meekly sitting back and taking **** from hate filled losers who use public forums to work out their personal issues.

    To prove this point, just for ****s and giggles, why don't you walk up to a big, brawney guy carrying a bible and slap him in the face. See if he turns the other cheek.
  • 07-18-2012, 02:52 AM
    Florian
    Well, can you please add myself to the Canadians on this round?
  • 07-18-2012, 05:08 AM
    JohnMichael
    Faith in God is one thing but blindly following a religion is something else. Currently in this country we have 4 ministers 1 is asking for gays to be detained behind fences and the other 3 are promoting death to gays.

    Being raised Roman Catholic I grew up hearing so many negative messages about gays. I knew what kind of person I was so I knew the church was wrong. Sadly my classmates heard the same messages and acted accordingly. 12 years of catholic schools does not do a gay boy well.

    Now when I see religions working hard to deny me equal rights and less time spent helping the homeless and poor. Religion in politics I find absurd and frustrating. Live your life as you choose and live by your own moral code just do not try to make it mine.

    I find religion a source of pain in my life. Some find it a comfort but I am amazed by what has been done in the name of god. The Crusades, Inquisitions, mass suicides and day to day harrasments of non christians.
  • 07-18-2012, 07:50 AM
    markw
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Well, can you please add myself to the Canadians on this round?

    Flo, you're your own unique brand of asshat.
  • 07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
    GMichael
    No group hug today?
  • 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
    Florian
    You forgot the "-" .... but its a cool description from you, about me:

    "One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around."

    Hi Mark, thanks for the remark. It shows your Christian colors :-)
  • 07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
    GMichael
    So, is that a no to the hug?
  • 07-19-2012, 06:46 AM
    Florian
    Na, i like hugs. But not from men..... :-)
    By the way, i really like the term "ass-hat"!
  • 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
    GMichael
    It does have a funny ring to it. Maybe add it as a moniker?
  • 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM
    Hyfi
  • 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM
    GMichael
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

    I know I won't be able to see this, but for those who can...