Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RGA where is your data?

This is not a flame thread!

This is a quote from our pal RGA:

Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    Last night I measred the Apogee diva through spectrum anaylsis at the listening position and achieve a low of 24hz but at realistic levels managed 39hz (95db is realistic) and the speaker compressed above 100db -- attrocious wimpy ass loudspeakers
    Now here goes my question.

1. What measuring device was used during your measurement?
    2. What was the speaker distance?
    3. Which version of the DIVA was it?
    4. Who has the DIVAS (we know pretty much all)?
    5. What power amlpifiers were used?
    6. What crossovers where used?
    7. What was the wall measurements?

I know for a FACT that RGA is lying, just as he has before about other speakers which are non Audio Note. I feel like the members of this forum deserve better, they should know the facts and the truth about their speakers.

I have here a actual measurement test conducted by Audio Vision Magazine in my home of the DIVA. As you can see when you follow this link www.apogeeclub.de/freq.jpg the actual fall off is -1db at 23Hz measured 13feet away using a 100wpc power amp.
    The max SPL is 118db using a 100wpc amplifier at 13ft distance.

Now the big and final question.

I challange you to post real world measurements of the Audio Note in your room with a fullrange signal. You shall only use a demo software so that you cannot fake the results!

Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Enquiring minds want to know.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Mutant from table 9
    If calling someone a liar is not a flame, then neither is this: Appogee sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    If calling someone a liar is not a flame, then neither is this: Appogee sucks.
    Your confusing people with things. Apogee cant be a liar, its a bloddy company name. Besides i have FACTS he has FICTION!

Waiter! Bring me water.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Mutant from table 9
    I didn't say Apogee was a liar. I said it sucks. Your the one who calls people liars. The correct word, and the one your looking for is "wrong." Try it with me now, "RGA is wrong." Rather than, "RGA is a liar... this is not a flame." "RGA is a liar... this is not a flame" is what we call in the States "Speaking out of both sides of your mouth."

Waiter, I could use that water now, better than later.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Ok smart guy let me try again. RGA is full of **** whos sole purpose is to advertise for hotglue speakers and put down mayot systems he cant afford. The chance that he finds a Apogee DIVA (one of the most rarest and expensive ribbon speakers) close to his place yet alone with someone who measures them for him is pretty damn slimm. Now considering that they need new ribbons by now, no matter when he bought them means he would have found someone who has a rebuild pair, which means we in the apogee forum must know him.

FACT is it cant be, Fact is he has NO data, Fact is that what he says is pure **** with the sole purpose to piss me off. And hell, its working.

So you can either get outta this thread or take sides between FACT and FICTION!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Waiter, I could use that water now, better than later.
    How about a little scotch in that water? This could be a long one.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Music Enthousiast
    Oh man, RGA and his devoted followers (except JM and GM) in this little thread actually have no idea what they're up against. Of course you can say I heard this or that speaker and I don't like it, but to dismiss a design ten times more sophisticated than your own speaker as inferior is really a dumbass thing to do. It's like being perfectly satisfied with your Yugo, test-driving a BMW M5 and telling the dealer it's nothing like your Yugo. Yeah, sure as hell isn't!!
    Ignorent little bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian
    Oh man, RGA and his devoted followers (except JM and GM) in this little thread actually have no idea what they're up against. Of course you can say I heard this or that speaker and I don't like it, but to dismiss a design ten times more sophisticated than your own speaker as inferior is really a dumbass thing to do. It's like being perfectly satisfied with your Yugo, test-driving a BMW M5 and telling the dealer it's nothing like your Yugo. Yeah, sure as hell isn't!!
    Ignorent little bastards...
    My Yugo would crush your BMW.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    ...the horror...the horror.

My Yugo would crush your BMW.
    Only if it is equipped with the AudioNote car stereo.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    How about a little scotch in that water? This could be a long one.
    Scotch? To put out a fire? Please JM, if my house is on fire, stay home. hahahahha

OK, waiter, scotch and water for everyone. Put it on my tab. Flo, you like? Let's all sit down and throw back a few. Got any finer tobaccos while you're at it?

Scotch? To put out a fire? Please JM, if my house is on fire, stay home. hahahahha

OK, waiter, scotch and water for everyone. Put it on my tab. Flo, you like? Let's all sit down and throw back a few. Got any finer tobaccos while you're at it?
    While this thread is ongoing we will have time to go to Cananda and get some Cuban Cohibas.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Only if it is equipped with the AudioNote car stereo.
    I was going to have it dropped from 2 stories onto the BMW.

While this thread is ongoing we will have time to go to Cananda and get some Cuban Cohibas.
    I don't think we are talking about the same thing. But what the heck. Bring 'em on.

No, i will stop. This guy is soo ****ing stupid and if someone wants to read his bull**** thats fine.

One movement of the bass ribbon section would tear the 6 hotglued wooden sides apart like trash blowing in the wind.

He will never be able to afford one, so he has to trash it. Screw him!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....boring!

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....boring!
    Well if he would talk pure **** about your Scanspeak speakers you would go at it too. I am sick of this ****ing lying moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    No, i will stop. This guy is soo ****ing stupid and if someone wants to read his bull**** thats fine.

One movement of the bass ribbon section would tear the 6 hotglued wooden sides apart like trash blowing in the wind.

He will never be able to afford one, so he has to trash it. Screw him!
    Hmm, the wood glue I use can hold something rediculous like 4000 lbs/sq-inch...and that's the cheap stuff...If there's a ribbon that can blow that apart it's not being used in speakers.

Look at the construction of an Audio Note speaker and youll see what i mean. Besides this is NOT about me trashing AudioNote, its about this moron posting bull**** with no facts at all and half of the people eat it up

Well if he would talk pure **** about your Scanspeak speakers you would go at it too. I am sick of this ****ing lying moron.
    RGA has trashed just about every piece of equipment I own at one point or another...I just don't go flipping crazy over it. He's got an excuse or a complaint thought up before I even know what I'm going to say. But you've got to look past that. RGA doesn't live in the same world you and I do. He lives in a world of dragons and cold steel, with magical orbs of fire that sing the song of the siren princess.
    Those of us that have heard high-end ribbons and whatever speaker he's currently promoting can make that determination for themselves.
    Most of us here think you've got great speakers. I just don't know why you continue to allow RGA to get so under your skin.

Thanks, i dont know either. I guess its a pride thing ;-)

Mutant from table 9
    Ok smart guy let me try again. RGA is full of **** whos sole purpose is to advertise for hotglue speakers and put down mayot systems he cant afford. The chance that he finds a Apogee DIVA (one of the most rarest and expensive ribbon speakers) close to his place yet alone with someone who measures them for him is pretty damn slimm. Now considering that they need new ribbons by now, no matter when he bought them means he would have found someone who has a rebuild pair, which means we in the apogee forum must know him.

FACT is it cant be, Fact is he has NO data, Fact is that what he says is pure **** with the sole purpose to piss me off. And hell, its working.

So you can either get outta this thread or take sides between FACT and FICTION!!
    Your reaction proves my point, which is a simple one. Your post is a flame. But, for you to claim that a flame is not a flame is to be as equally dishonest as you claim RGA as being.

I don't have to pick sides or defend RGA, I'm sure he is capable of that. As to ordering people out of threads, don't post publicly if you don't want to invite response from the public body. AR.com has graciously provided a private message function. As to fact vs. fiction: Why could you possibly care that someone disparages what in your words is the "one of the most rarest and expensive ribbon speakers." Hell, I'll bet you even know how many DIVAs were actually made. Whatever that number is, is precisely the maximum number of people who could possibly care what a limited production speaker from a defunct manufacturer sounds like.

Finally, you admission that the ribbons degrade provide support for the assertion that measured speaker response can differ from factory specifications. In other words, a 20 year old Apogee with worn out ribbons can... well, suck.

PS The waiter is out of water. I used the last with my Jack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information