Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    That was a great story (read similar ones many times) - I am sure it's told at many a churches as a kind of Aesop Fable.

"A Christian was walking through the woods one day in the American wilderness, admiring all that God created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

Turning to look, he saw a 10-foot bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path.

He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again & the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground.

As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with it's left paw and raising its right paw to strike him....he yelled out, "OH MY GOD!"

Time didn't stop because it doesn't

The bear didn't freeze because bears don't understand English

The forest was not silent because they aren't

Even the river didn't stop moving because rivers don't understand English either.

As a brilliant light shone upon the man (the Sun), a thunderous voice came from all around,

It was the Bear letting out a thunderous ROAAAR and he ate the Christian.

The End.

Bears don't care whether you're religious or not.

Personally I like my fable better. The moral of the story is to bring UDAP bear spray and a big ass gun.

LOL ..... Thats wonderfu! Nothing hits like reality....
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    John, I agree this got out of hand, but understand this type of mob behavior starts with a single uncivil act.

The thread took a downturn because of personal vile insults from one person. This person has a long history of acting in this manner which, for some reason, is tolerated without a word on this forum. I have also been a victim of this person onslaughts and try as I might, I also got caught up in his insanity, which is contrary to my nature, yet it happened.

This thread will be closed soon which is a good thing, but as long as Sir T is allowed to continue personally berating individuals, as he has so aptly demonstrated since I've been on this forum, the problems will continue into the future.

I realize that his acts of "hate" are tolerated perhaps due to what he offers this board, but it is not worth it if he angers members and drives them away. He is on my ignore list which is ironic since he is also a moderator. That should tell you a lot about his character.

I've been to many audio forums and I like this one the best. I like the way it's laid out on my screen and I like all the people here, minus one. As a long time member I've seen this board go from one of the most active boards to one where we have to respond to postings written years ago. If it is to stay alive personal attacks need to be moderated more closely especially when the name calling begins.

When I had my first encounter with Sir T, ForeverAutumn stepped in and brought me back to my senses. It didn't stop Sir T from spewing his hate and name calling, but it was a step in the right direction. I realize that over moderating can ruin a board, but there has to be some standard applied to members whom show a strong tendency toward lack of civility.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    The countdown has begun. Steven this has happened before. I originally moved it to the Steel Cage and that may have given members permission to get colorful. Few have been on their best behavior myself included. I do not think anything more need be said on these issues.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I'm taking my popcorn and going home now.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Let's be honest, shall we?

The only reason many hang here is so they can dog-pile on people on subjects that "real" audio forums consider off limits.

So far, I can only thik of one subject that's taboo. I think y'all can figure that out from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    The only reason many hang here is so they can dog-pile on people on subjects that "real" audio forums consider off limits.

So far, I can only thik of one subject that's taboo. I think y'all can figure that out from this thread.

Marriage equality?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

White gloves.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    White gloves.

Do you mean latex exam gloves complete with hand cream?
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Marriage equality?
    Close, but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Do you mean latex exam gloves complete with hand cream?
    Do they come ribbed?

Suspended
    Cables?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread Information