Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 154
  1. #51
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Seems like a waste of time to me...it's like Krell making an integrated amplifier, or Martin Logan wasting their time on subwoofers....great thoroughbred companies making an inferior product to serve the uneducated masses.

    The Zu Definition II is where the real sound is at. The full range attempt is not a good one as far as my ears tell me. The Omen and Superfly are aimed at the cheapy buyers who get the same kick as listening to Emotiva amplifiers. Just my thought of course.
    Krell makes 2 integrated amplifiers: both of which are highly regarded by consumers and critics and sell well.

    Also, not everyone is loaded with money, so many persons will be "cheapy buyers" by your ridiculous definition.

    Finally, since I am sure you have never even heard an Emotiva amplifier or these entry level ZU products then your opinion has no basis whatsoever. However, it is clearly your right to be a snob based solely on price. Thankfully many audiophiles would rather listen to gear and make their own judgments than look solely at MSRP as you do.

  2. #52
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,702
    What would you call someone who can diss a speaker they've never heard?

  3. #53
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    What would you call someone who can diss a speaker they've never heard?
    No word that I can use on this forum without being banned....

  4. #54
    Charm Thai™
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Krell makes 2 integrated amplifiers: both of which are highly regarded by consumers and critics and sell well.

    Also, not everyone is loaded with money, so many persons will be "cheapy buyers" by your ridiculous definition.

    Finally, since I am sure you have never even heard an Emotiva amplifier or these entry level ZU products then your opinion has no basis whatsoever. However, it is clearly your right to be a snob based solely on price. Thankfully many audiophiles would rather listen to gear and make their own judgments than look solely at MSRP as you do.
    .

    First of all why do you get your panties is in such a such a bunch and make stupid statements like the one's above? Everyone's ears are different and sound is so freakin subjective. I know what I like and I'm sure you do too.

    To me the Omen's are a waste. I'm not really sure what audience they are aimed at but then again the fullrange thing is not my cup of tea anyway. It just seems like they dumbed things down to try and make a product that more people can afford.

    Your statement about never me having listened to Emotiva amp or Zu speaker is asinine. It's like me claiming that you've never had blueberry pancakes. There's no way i could possibly know that and i'd have to be an idiot to say something of the sort (see sentence number two).

    MSRP has nothing to do with anything. I had friends over last night and listened to a pair of tiny speakers I picked up for 300.00 bucks a pair and had a great time with them.

    I look forward to laughing at your next thread whatever it may be but I'll make sure to agree with exactly you might have to say just to make you feel better and keep you from looking like such a fool.
    Last edited by Geoffcin; 11-28-2010 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #55
    _ Luvin Da Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    _
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    What would you call someone who can diss a speaker they've never heard?
    Same as anyone else that doesn't have first hand knowledge of the topic.

    Ignorant.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

  6. #56
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Ha ha i don't even know where to start. You are a complete imbecile...ok well, looks like i do know where to start.

    First of all why do you get your panties is in such a such a bunch and make stupid statements like the one's above? Everyone's ears are different and sound is so freakin subjective. I know what I like and I'm sure you do too.

    To me the Omen's are a waste. I'm not really sure what audience they are aimed at but then again the fullrange thing is not my cup of tea anyway. It just seems like they dumbed things down to try and make a product that more people can afford.

    Your statement about never me having listened to Emotiva amp or Zu speaker is asinine. It's like me claiming that you've never had blueberry pancakes. There's no way i could possibly know that and i'd have to be an idiot to say something of the sort (see sentence number two).

    MSRP has nothing to do with anything. I had friends over last night and listened to a pair of tiny speakers I picked up for 300.00 bucks a pair and had a great time with them.

    I look forward to laughing at your next thread whatever it may be but I'll make sure to agree with exactly you might have to say just to make you feel better and keep you from looking like such a fool.
    The fact that you have to violate forum rules by calling me an imbecile and a fool says everything about you that needs to be said...

    Your statements make it clear that you don't understand tastes...

    Also, if you had ever heard the Zu speakers or Emotiva gear you would have said so rather than play games... You have been bashing Emotiva from back before you changed your username from shodulik. More than one person has asked you what Emotiva amp you have heard and you have never answered. I remember you clearly for being the guy who constantly came into an Emo thread to bash it without providing any reason for your opinions. here's an example in the ERC thread, where you bash Emo and never answer Mr. Peabody's question about what amp you listened to:

    Emotiva ERC-1

    I stand by my comments and will waste no more time on you as you have no basis for your opinion, which is why you resort to name calling...
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-28-2010 at 04:09 PM.

  7. #57
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Same as anyone else that doesn't have first hand knowledge of the topic.

    Ignorant.
    lol... exactly

  8. #58
    Charm Thai™
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    The fact that you have to violate forum rules by calling me an imbecile and a fool says everything about you that needs to be said...

    Your statements make it clear that you don't understand tastes...

    Also, if you had ever heard the Zu speakers or Emotiva gear you would have said so rather than play games...

    I stand by my comments and will waste no more time on you as you have no basis for your opinion, which is why you resort to name calling...
    Omg try loosening your dreadlocks my friend. AR is supposed to be fun and informational, stop taking things so personally and acting like you're going to have your mom call my mom because I called you a name. Sheeesh...

    Every single thing in your response contradicts itself. Of course I understand tastes. If everyone's taste was the same there'd be no reason for forum like this. I posted my thoughts and you didn't like them. Instead of taking it worth a grain of salt you claim to know what I have and have not heard. If you have those type of powers you probably know the next big winning lottery number and the winner of the next super bowl. Oh hey can you bend spoons with your psychic abilities as well!?!? I do not make statements about whether or not i like the way a piece of equipment sounds unless I heard it.

    You saying that because my taste is different than yours I have no basis for an opinion is pretty absurd any way you slice it.

    I suggest you make a ledger in which you can copy down each post of mine which does not agree with your "taste" and then give it your mom. She can then contact an AR administrator and maybe I'll get an infraction or permaban. I'll pm it to ya so that way you can feel better. After all Ajani we can't have you upset now can we?

    It's the internet lighten up man haha.

  9. #59
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Omg try loosening your dreadlocks my friend. AR is supposed to be fun and informational, stop taking things so personally and acting like you're going to have your mom call my mom because I called you a name. Sheeesh...

    Every single thing in your response contradicts itself. Of course I understand tastes. If everyone's taste was the same there'd be no reason for forum like this. I posted my thoughts and you didn't like them. Instead of taking it worth a grain of salt you claim to know what I have and have not heard. If you have those type of powers you probably know the next big winning lottery number and the winner of the next super bowl. Oh hey can you bend spoons with your psychic abilities as well!?!? I do not make statements about whether or not i like the way a piece of equipment sounds unless I heard it.

    You saying that because my taste is different than yours I have no basis for an opinion is pretty absurd any way you slice it.

    I suggest you make a ledger in which you can copy down each post of mine which does not agree with your "taste" and then give it your mom. She can then contact an AR administrator and maybe I'll get an infraction or permaban. I'll pm it to ya so that way you can feel better. After all Ajani we can't have you upset now can we?

    It's the internet lighten up man haha.
    Here's the issue shodulik (oh I'm sorry do I need to call you by your new title now? TheHills44060 - did you get too much heat for trolling before?), I'm sure you know perfectly well that there is a world of difference between saying that you dislike a product (that you have tried) and insulting persons who buy a product you don't like (even if you have never tried it).

    You've bashed Emotiva in multiple threads and never once said that what Emo gear you tried, so I have to reasonably conclude that you have tried nothing and have no basis for your opinion...

    You entered this thread with 2 attacks:

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    it's like Krell making an integrated amplifier, or Martin Logan wasting their time on subwoofers....great thoroughbred companies making an inferior product to serve the uneducated masses.
    &

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    the Omen and Superfly are aimed at the cheapy buyers who get the same kick as listening to Emotiva amplifiers
    So who are these "Uneducated masses" who buy the Krell S300i or FBI?

    Also, who are the "cheapy buyers" who buy Emo amps and these new Zu speakers?

    That's not a matter of having different tastes, no one cares whether you like Emo, ZU, Krell integrateds or whatever... The question is why do you feel the need to insult a whole lot of people?

    So all the name calling in the world and talking about my mummy (I assumed, probably incorrectly, that we were all adults on this site) will not change the fact that you have bashed and dissed repeatedly and have yet to make even a claim that supports your opinion... You won't even have the decency to at least make up a story about the Emo, Krell and Zu products that you never tried...

    So as I said before, this is a waste of time... you are free to have the last word...

  10. #60
    Charm Thai™
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    865
    Please read my posts in their entirety before commenting. I explicitly explained the reason for the name change in my thread and I have already explicitly explained what I do not like about Emotiva amps in a few threads.

    If your feelings are so hurt you need the guidance of a counselor who can help treat your over sensitivity because i will continue to post my opinions on this site whether you like it or not.

    Thank the lord you are newcomer 08'er. You never would have lasted a few years ago with some of the much more opinionated members who used to be here. I could easily see you having some sort of anxiety attack or mental breakdown.

    Nice chattin with you Ajani. I won't gum up this thread any more. We'll just have to wait until you cry about another one of my posts somewhere else.

    One last note. It is polite to sign your reps...consider it a reminder in the case that u should forget to one day, just sayin.

  11. #61
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,702
    According to Mr Hills I qualify as a "cheapy" because I bought a pair of these new 1K speakers. How much would I need to spend to avoid being a "cheapy"?

  12. #62
    Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,326
    That's going to be enough "imbecility" in this thread. Another use of derogatory language will draw a suspension. The "fun" days of calling people names are over. Consider yourself warned.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

  13. #63
    Suspended atomicAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oaktown!
    Posts
    1,774
    Please keep your disagreements professional. Insults will not be tolerated.

  14. #64
    Ajani
    Guest
    To get back on topic, this would be my choice of finish:


  15. #65
    Ajani
    Guest
    Or maybe:


  16. #66
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Guys, after doing research I was all set to try a pair of Soul Superfly, despite they won't accept bananas, or not recommended. The reviews of the Essence had me drooling although some aspects conflicted. I talked to Zu about the Essence and they actually suggested I try the Superfly based on my enjoyment of several genres of music, the Superfly is supposed to be more dynamic than the Essence with the Essence having more refinement. Looks like the deal breaker is Zu's high impedance. I asked CJ if I can verify but they suspect my amps were set up for 4 ohm that will work with 8 ohm but 12 or 16 would cause power transfer issues. I'm really disappointed because the Superfly sounded the closest I've found to being something that could replace the Dyn's. I really got excited when I was reading the reviews of the Essence and folks kept talking about this "presence". Any other highly efficient speakers out there that sound good. Keep in mind they will have to sound real good to displace the Dyn's.

  17. #67
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Guys, after doing research I was all set to try a pair of Soul Superfly, despite they won't accept bananas, or not recommended. The reviews of the Essence had me drooling although some aspects conflicted. I talked to Zu about the Essence and they actually suggested I try the Superfly based on my enjoyment of several genres of music, the Superfly is supposed to be more dynamic than the Essence with the Essence having more refinement. Looks like the deal breaker is Zu's high impedance. I asked CJ if I can verify but they suspect my amps were set up for 4 ohm that will work with 8 ohm but 12 or 16 would cause power transfer issues. I'm really disappointed because the Superfly sounded the closest I've found to being something that could replace the Dyn's. I really got excited when I was reading the reviews of the Essence and folks kept talking about this "presence". Any other highly efficient speakers out there that sound good. Keep in mind they will have to sound real good to displace the Dyn's.
    I know this might sound like a bit of a step down in quality (even though it is slightly more expensive) than the Soul Superfly, but did you discuss the Omen Definitions with Zu? The Omen Definitions are 6 ohms, so they should be no problem for your CJs and they should have phenomenal bass with dual 10" full range drivers...

    http://www.zuaudio.com/store/omen/def/Default.aspx


  18. #68
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Hey, I didn't see those, are they still available? I'll research those out, thanks

  19. #69
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hey, I didn't see those, are they still available? I'll research those out, thanks
    They're the latest additions to the Omen Range... The Range now includes the Omen Towers, Omen Definition, Omen Bookshelf and an Omen Center Channel...

  20. #70
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    I saw on one of the comparisons they used to have a Soul Def. I will call them tomorrow to see what they say. Maybe they have a Superfly Def on the board

    Interestingly, no Zu speakers on Audiogon.

  21. #71
    Ajani
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I saw on one of the comparisons they used to have a Soul Def. I will call them tomorrow to see what they say. Maybe they have a Superfly Def on the board

    Interestingly, no Zu speakers on Audiogon.
    I think the Soul Def on the comparison chart is yet to be released... I know they previously had a flagship model called the Definition... the Omen Def and (I assume) Soul Def are based on that design (dual full range drivers)...

  22. #72
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Poultrygeist, tell me more about the Omen, what is the sound like and any other comparisons other than the Tektones?

  23. #73
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    What model is PMC floorstander?

  24. #74
    Suspended atomicAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oaktown!
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    What model is PMC floorstander?
    How you talking to here?

    PMC has a few floorstanders - http://www.pmc-speakers.com/productC...ductCats&cid=4

  25. #75
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,176
    I got this thread mixed up with the other one I've been discussing Zu in. Adam, did you ever hear Zu at the shows?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •