• 02-26-2016, 10:21 AM
    topspeed
    My sincere condolences on your loss, Mr. P. While we all appreciate the pleasure our little hobby brings, that enjoyment stands in stark relief to the blessings of family. I hope that as 2016 was front loaded with challenges, the rest of your year can only bring joy and success.

On another note, I just purchased the JBL's from an agon seller in Idaho. Should be here in a week or so. Hopefully, my amp will be back from PSA and we'll throw on some Steely Dan and see what they can do. I've never purchased a piece of gear without hearing it directly, so this is a pretty big leap of faith (*knocking on wood*). I simply threw out a number I never thought he'd accept and and I guess it was meant to be.

*update*
    Just found out my amp is repaired and on its way back from PS Audio! They even waved the shipping, how great is this company? Pretty good day!
  • 02-26-2016, 05:26 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Thanks Topper, I still haven't forgotten you're the reason I'm still here. If you don't remember you encouraged me to try the new format way back when AR switched.

I'm assuming by JBL you mean the 1400? Nice, I'm anxious to see what you think.
  • 02-27-2016, 07:25 PM
    topspeed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Thanks Topper, I still haven't forgotten you're the reason I'm still here. If you don't remember you encouraged me to try the new format way back when AR switched.

I'm assuming by JBL you mean the 1400? Nice, I'm anxious to see what you think.

1400 Array's. The seller retired from his AV store and had these in his personal stock, so I got a bill of sale from his company and the warranty as well, which I doubt I'll need considering JBL's reputation, but it's nice to have anyway.
  • 02-28-2016, 11:56 AM
    harley .guy07
    Woo good find. I have eyed the 1400 array's for years but just never had the money in my budget to splurge on a pair. I have always liked the more dynamic live sounding stuff but until I moved into my new house just a couple of years ago my listening room never afforded the room to give the big guys the room to live. Now that I have the room I am waiting to line up my career after finishing with my marketing degree so that I can make some system changes.