AR Newbie Registered Member

Why so many Supercubes on Ebay?

Hello,

I've been researching the Def Tech Supercubes for a while. I do not own one, but every review I have ever seen seems to rave about them all. That makes me wonder why you see so many being resold on Ebay. I have an SVS sub and when I did similar research on those I hardly ever saw any for sale on Ebay or locally. I interpreted that to mean that SVS had solid products. I purchased a PB10-NSD and it is excellent. I have since decided to go with a 4 sub set up. I have the SVS and two Martin Logan Dynamos. For the 4th sub I thought I would go with a Supercube I or II because of size constraints. I wonder if they are so great, why are so many people selling them. Any insight would be helpful. They are very expensive at full retail so I want to make sure they are worth it. I will also say that to date i have tried to buy two Supercube IIs off Ebay and each time they were damaged in shipping. They are very fragile. I would suggest you never buy from anyone who does not have the original packaging. Thanks.

I too wonder why there are so many for sale. The sheer numbers of them up for resale should raise a red flag. Also, if they are that fragile to ship what about their fragility index under normal use?
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information