Forum Regular

Unhappy Where are the JBL Studio Series???

I cannot find any JBL Studio Series bookshelf speakers??? Where are they???
    Are they coming with a new line? I do not like Northridge series personally. Anyone knows the scoop?

I need a good pair of bookshelf mains 8x19x12 to replace my old Bose....
    250 to 300 price any suggestions??.......no Bose please.....too flat sound.

Check into Paradigm, B&W, PSB, Axiom, Definitive..

They all have speakers in that price range and would be better than JBL and FAR better than Bose.

It seems that the new E models in the Northridge series are more the successor to the Studio series models. Not sure why, but JBL seems to have abandoned the Studio series. I read that the E models are voiced similarly to the Studio series. I haven't heard the E models yet, so I can't verify whether or not that's true. If you're looking for a sound similar to the old Studio models, you should try out Infinity, which has a comparable sound that's a bit more refined and less heavy than the JBLs.

Forum Regular

Question Where are the JBL Studio Series

wel....Thanks for your input.....but am I in trouble? not to long ago I purchased my rears JBL S36 II they are great. Am I going to have a weird combo with other brands in the front of my HT system??

Forum Regular

Question Where are the JBL Studio Series

The Studio Series had always a full 1" titanium tweeter, I was told that that type is excelent, Do you all agree?.....what is the best type of tweeter???

There is no best type of tweeter, that's like saying 'whos the best looking woman on the planet'? Everybody likes what they like. If there was one best type then there wouldn't be 32130 different kinds of tweeters available.

Personally I prefer aluminum over titanium because while very stiff, aluminum is not too stiff to properly damp. But to each his own. I do prefer titanium to any cloth or cone tweeters though.

Forum Regular

Where are the JBL Studio Series

you are right!
    it is all in the ears and sound taste.........

The quest continues for mains any help will be appreciated

thank you

Forum Regular
    With all manufacturers, there comes a time when the marketing people say it's time for a new model because sales are falling off and something new will give us a chance for more hoopla and a new ad campaign to catch the eyes of potential buyers. Unfortunately that means dropping the old line. If you are buying a home theater setup piecemeal, that spells trouble because you can no longer match the system components you have with others having similar characteristics. It also means you cannot get it new anymore if it was something you really liked. You might try J&R Music World, they are a large distributor but once production stopped, whatever is in the distribution pipeline, that's it.

Many times the changes from one line to the next are due to minor differences or improvements. That's probably how the Series II replaced the original. Now a more drastic change is in order. If you really want to know, call JBL directly and talk with them. They will give you the best advice as to what other speakers they offer best matches the S36. Otherwise you will either have to settle for a mismatch or start all over again. BTW, the S412pII is offered at J&R for only $399 each. That's a lot of speaker for the money and I'd strongly consider it over the competition. It will match the S36 closely for HT.

Yes, I agree with skeptic.

One place you might try online is eBay, of course. I see some Studio series speakers on there from time to time. However, try to look at auctions that are nearby and take cash or a money order with you to pay for the speakers when you pick them up.

Sorry I am late reading this post. I have just upgraded my system and I have a complete set of JBL Studio series II speakers. I have the S310, S26, and S center. If you are interested, e-mail me and I'm sure we can work something out. My e-mail is:

work...randall.axelsen@lmco.com
    home...mail4randy@earthlink.net

CWS
    Forum Regular
    Try www.harmanaudio.com it is the JBL Harmon Kardon factory store they sell refurb's and new. (And I hear that often the refurb's appear new).

ank
    AR Newbie Registered Member

Interested in Purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by axelsrd
    Sorry I am late reading this post. I have just upgraded my system and I have a complete set of JBL Studio series II speakers. I have the S310, S26, and S center. If you are interested, e-mail me and I'm sure we can work something out. My e-mail is:

work...randall.axelsen@lmco.com
    home...mail4randy@earthlink.net
    Hey, I recently decided to switch out my old sony satelite speakers and so far I've purchased an Onkyo receiver and a pair of JBL S36PM IIs. I do, however, still need a center channel and towers for the fronts (I mean to use the s36s as rears/surrounds). I might be interested in purchasing your S center and S310 if you are still intending on selling them and we can work out a fair price. If you're not interested, don't worry about it. Either way, drop me a line at askrishna@aol.com, so that I can look elsewhere if you aren't planning on selling. Thanks.

Thread Information